What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial
U

UgotWheelz

Crawled under it to check for damage 02 sensor causing MIL and source of loud exhaust after snow drive. Suspect bad downpipe gasket.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

First today, I bought an older RotoPax mount that had no mounting plate or hardware for $5 and found bolts and mounted it on my bed rack
828D8625-1D84-44A9-B80C-72CF88F84948.jpeg
then I test fitted one of my RotoPax Fuel containers to see how it will look when my mounts arrive. This mount I bought today will be used on a RotoPax storage container on the other side of my truck.
07A49E2D-DEAE-496D-974F-EE64B5954225.jpeg
yes I know my truck is very dirty, I live in farm country and everything is nasty this time of the year.

Last edited:

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

After I finished test fitting RotoPax fuel containers, I painted and installed my new antenna mount from Relentless Fabrication, they also make awesome ditch light mounts.
1E4743B6-5769-4340-8560-1E34FAABD600.jpeg
Here is what it looks like on the truck
326AE2A7-FB79-4101-876A-1D268729B14E.jpeg
I am extremely happy with how this mount looks and works. I highly recommend these guys.
I also started painting brackets to mount my shovel and axe also from Relentless Fabrication. See the install of these tomorrow.

Slambo1

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gaffney, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Slamin
Member #

Service Branch
Army/Air Force
I wasn’t satisfied with any winch solenoid mounts out there, for my Ramsey winch (the designs would block significant airflow to the radiator). As some of you know, JKUs run hot! Thus, I fabricated my own on the apartment kitchen counter. Good thing my very understanding wife was not home! While I was at it, I also made a mount for a winch kill switch. Having completed both, I was perplexed how I should coat them - black; bumper color (blue); or just leave it as raw aluminum? I finally decided to just give the ol’ Rubi a little hint of “rat” - I just stuck some stickers on both brackets. DONE! Both will be mounted on an ARB bumper.

Attachments

Reactions: 9Mike2

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

well I had initially planned on mounting my axe and shovel mounts (Relentless Fabrication brackets/quick fist mounts)
1CE2BA69-A6FE-4954-B251-94B3D88AC536.jpeg
but as you can see, the bedrack hole spacing is quite a lot wider than the bracket, so it is time to come up with plan “B”

1A322FC2-6C8A-451C-A2C2-3C5D681B26B5.jpeg1A322FC2-6C8A-451C-A2C2-3C5D681B26B5.jpeg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Ubiety

By way of aztec

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Canyon, Arizona, United States
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

Added the pedal Commander Pedal Commander | Throttle Response Controller. To this big old gas hog this weekend, his name is Hector, and I’ve got to say I’m very impressed, huge difference in performance and in fuel economy. The website states 20% I’d have to agree after this weekends trip. Cheers y’all keep getting after it.

Attachments

Surffishingbum

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newtown, PA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Wabals
Member #

After going back and forth on what Jack I wanted for my Jeep, Hi-Lift, Scissor lift Lift, Bottle Lift or Bushranger X-Jack Exhaust, I finally decided to go with the safer of my four choices. I like the fact that I don't have to get under my Jeep to place a Jack or worry about the unstableness of the Hi-Lift Jack.

51ql6GbvQfL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Shamu

Slambo1

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gaffney, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Slamin
Member #

Service Branch
Army/Air Force
After going back and forth on what Jack I wanted for my Jeep, Hi-Lift, Scissor lift Lift, Bottle Lift or Bushranger X-Jack Exhaust, I finally decided to go with the safer of my four choices. I like the fact that I don't have to get under my Jeep to place a Jack or worry about the unstableness of the Hi-Lift Jack.

View attachment 189358
The same was always on the top of my list! Great decision!

Reactions: Surffishingbum

Wyotroutguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Utah
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Nothing too exciting on today’s agenda. Finally every incandescent bulb inside and out is gone, led everything down to the ashtray light. I forgot what it was like to see at night.

Attachments