Gary
Last Name
Priest
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8JOK
Service Branch
USAF
We had a big snowfall here in Eastern Nebraska, around 12". Starting this year we've decided we'd get donuts anytime we have a snow day so I took the Subaru out on a donut run. Not as good as hitting the trail but every little adventure counts.

IMG_2262.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
We had a big snowfall here in Eastern Nebraska, around 12". Starting this year we've decided we'd get donuts anytime we have a snow day so I took the Subaru out on a donut run. Not as good as hitting the trail but every little adventure counts.

View attachment 185491
Good reason to get out!

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX

View attachment 185491
I decided to do donuts anytime we have a snow day.

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Not today, but a couple days ago I took it up to Lake Tahoe.. this was us stuck on highway 80 for couple hours. Dog enjoyed the stops, as you can see.

Attachments

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
We set off to find deeper snow for sledding. Our 3 year old LOVES snow and sledding was all she talked about. Well, as many of us were, we woke up to be highly disappointed, with the NC failed weather prediction. 3rd time in a row we've been forecast 3-6" and got zero. Thankfully, Boone and Blowing Rock are only an hour drive - Beautiful country up there. The Blue Ridge Parkway will always hold a place in my heart as one of the most beautiful places we travel.

Attachments

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
We set off to find deeper snow for sledding. Our 3 year old LOVES snow and sledding was all she talked about. Well, as many of us were, we woke up to be highly disappointed, with the NC failed weather prediction. 3rd time in a row we've been forecast 3-6" and got zero. Thankfully, Boone and Blowing Rock are only an hour drive - Beautiful country up there. The Blue Ridge Parkway will always hold a place in my heart as one of the most beautiful places we travel.
BRP also has good sledding, as they close the road. I'm in Charlotte and have sleds. Maybe this weekend!

Gone_xtrkn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Brendon
Last Name
P
Member #

Built a new tray/shelf for the hatch out of some scrap plywood. My previous effort involved a whole frame made out of aluminum extrusions that bolted to the floor. That proved not sturdy enough to add planned moving parts like a sliding tabletop so it was too complicated to serve as just a shelf and has been dismantled and the parts stored for a future project.

487DBB8B-4277-48EE-B8C2-B27BEB60595F.jpeg
This one is secured using the little slots for the cargo cover and with eye bolts around the headrest posts. Turnbuckles aren’t really necessary but I like to be careful. So far it seems more than sturdy enough to hold a pair of clothes duffels and be used as a platform for brushing teeth,etc. before bed. This can be installed or removed in 3 minutes with no tools. Also makes little to no noise, unlike my aluminum version which had dozens of tiny bolts that needed to be tightened every few days using 3 different wrenches or else it would rattle like crazy. I have some 1mm textured plastic sheet coming to cover the top surface.

KF0APA

Rank VI

Trail Mechanic I

Lebanon, MO, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Bryson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0APA
Ordered some parts. Installed a bluetooth OBD II scanner and mounted a Go Pro to the windshield. Next weekend will clean up the wiring for the dual band radio/antenna. But now, it's 23 degrees and snowing... I hate winter. I'm ready for spring.