Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Rachel and I installed a Ram Mount ball on the drivers side A-pillar of our 3rd Gen 4Runner. We were looking for a little more room to mount accessories. We followed the install here.

Parts needed -

Ram mount ball for motorcycle handlebar

M6-1.0x40mm allen head bolt with washer- purchased at Home Depot for around a dollar.

Ram mount short double socket arm

CFB99DF8-FD6C-4A4A-9DC1-F5CF46FC31ED.jpeg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Monster truck in the making !!

I need help @Ubiety, I'm in NM and need someone with a jeep and new winch to get me unstuck fast. HELP ME PLEASE !
On my way! It was a lot of fun last night says the guy who was not stuck! :) Canopy should be here by end of month, think I saw one on a taco this morning and it was purty!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Rachel and I installed a Ram Mount ball on the drivers side A-pillar of our 3rd Gen 4Runner. We were looking for a little more room to mount accessories. We followed the install here.

Parts needed -

Ram mount ball for motorcycle handlebar

M6-1.0x40mm allen head bolt with washer- purchased at Home Depot for around a dollar.

Ram mount short double socket arm

View attachment 185172
Love it, gonna steal it for sure.....Thanks!

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Installed Lamin-X on KC Gravity Pro6 and fog lights. Amber on the outer 4 and fogs, clear on the inner 4

I like the KC lights, but I really don't know why they don't offer amber lenses on the LED product, or even clear covers. They have amber covers and black covers, I want to be able to use my lights without scuffling around taking off covers and stowing them.

I started a thread on Lamin-X when I was considering this, and got no replies but any of you with similar needs or interests, the 5" round is a perfect fit on the Pro6 lights. The material is 12mil vinyl, goes on easy and has a 5 year warranty. This enough to afford some protection from small projectiles and minor abrasionlaminex1.jpglaminex2.jpglaminex3.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Installed Lamin-X on KC Gravity Pro6 and fog lights. Amber on the outer 4 and fogs, clear on the inner 4

I like the KC lights, but I really don't know why they don't offer amber lenses on the LED product, or even clear covers. They have amber covers and black covers, I want to be able to use my lights without scuffling around taking off covers and stowing them.

I started a thread on Lamin-X when I was considering this, and got no replies but any of you with similar needs or interests, the 5" round is a perfect fit on the Pro6 lights. The material is 12mil vinyl, goes on easy and has a 5 year warranty. This enough to afford some protection from small projectiles and minor abrasionView attachment 185183View attachment 185184View attachment 185185
They really pop on your jeep and appear to lite the trail really good. Down the road I would like to install some like yours. The usual question is how much do they cost and where to get them ?
Thanks for the demo.

Reactions: Ubiety

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Put 300 miles on it on the South Carolina Adventure Route.

And almost got it stuck. SC red clay is the worst. Pretty happy with how the rock sliders keep most of the mud under the XJ.

What tires are you using ? Looks like they worked pretty good in that red clay slime !

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Put 300 miles on it on the South Carolina Adventure Route.

And almost got it stuck. SC red clay is the worst. Pretty happy with how the rock sliders keep most of the mud under the XJ.

What tires are you using ? Looks like they worked pretty good in that red clay slime !
Falken Wildpeak AT3. They work very well.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

I started a thread on Lamin-X when I was considering this, and got no replies but any of you with similar needs or interests, the 5" round is a perfect fit on the Pro6 lights. The material is 12mil vinyl, goes on easy and has a 5 year warranty. This enough to afford some protection from small projectiles and minor abrasionView attachment 185183View attachment 185184
Question for us dummies. Is the pod6 the mounting bracket for all those lights ? Why is it called pod6 when it mounts 8 lights ?

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Falken Wildpeak AT3. They work very well.
Always nice to know if you like them well enough to buy them again. The question of tires is a big issue in the forums.
I like them well enough that I have them on my XJ, Samurai, 4wd Silverado and my wife's 4wd Suburban. For dollars spent they can't be beat.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I like them well enough that I have them on my XJ, Samurai, 4wd Silverado and my wife's 4wd Suburban. For dollars spent they can't be beat.
How noisy of a tire are the ATs? Received a set of the Wildpeak MTs on my new truck and they seem noisier than other MTs that I have had - it is a new truck so an apples to oranges comparison...

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
How noisy of a tire are the ATs? Received a set of the Wildpeak MTs on my new truck and they seem noisier than other MTs that I have had - it is a new truck so an apples to oranges comparison...
If you keep them rotated, they aren't bad at all. If you don't rotate them religiously they do get noisy. The set on my Silverado have close to 40k on them. I have been lax about rotating them and they are the loudest set I have. They aren't horrible, just noisier than the other sets. The set on the Suburban has about 20K on the and have been rotated. They are still pretty quiet. Quieter than the BFGs they replaced.