Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I recently picked up a second Tahoe to use for a daily driver, so thecopcar can get a little more developed for overlanding and camping. Both are GMT900 generation, so I can do some common mods, and definitely maintenance. While both are PPV models, I’m leaning towards calling the new one thenewhoe. My wife has chosen to name it Lola.

today Lola got new front hubs and sway bar links. she was a K-9 unit so is missing part of the interior. This gives me to excuse to fully do a rear seat delete along with door panels to thecopear. That will start tomorrow.

0744559C-EC8C-4434-9B78-3C527808F0D2.jpeg6B79E771-6462-4132-9148-A932368EDF15.jpegF354C601-F321-4B8B-A374-2CFB935D88D2.jpeg9814427B-C4B1-44EE-BC3C-BA572179F50C.jpeg728EA9C5-2464-40F9-9530-6F76479FFA7C.jpeg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I recently picked up a second Tahoe to use for a daily driver, so thecopcar can get a little more developed for overlanding and camping. Both are GMT900 generation, so I can do some common mods, and definitely maintenance. While both are PPV models, I’m leaning towards calling the new one thenewhoe. My wife has chosen to name it Lola.

today Lola got new front hubs and sway bar links. she was a K-9 unit so is missing part of the interior. This gives me to excuse to fully do a rear seat delete along with door panels to thecopear. That will start tomorrow.

View attachment 173143View attachment 173144View attachment 173145View attachment 173146View attachment 173147
Gonna be a nice project.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Finished up the AMC20. That was my first gearset install. That was my last big obstacle with the frame and drivetrain going to drop the tcase and driveshafts in tomorrow then I'm down to some bodywork and paint. I can kind of see the light at the end of this tunnel.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Fixed my backup camera. Wire was loose. Call me crazy, but I added a sound bar inside the camper shell. Big difference compared to my previous JBL bluetooth speaker. Then took a drive with the family to Apple Hill for lunch and some of their famous apple cider.

Picked up this new $99 Insignia sound bar for $20.

IMG_5080.jpg

Got a little off-road lol.

IMG_5083.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Fixed my backup camera. Wire was loose. Call me crazy, but I added a sound bar inside the camper shell. Big difference compared to my previous JBL bluetooth speaker. Then took a drive with the family to Apple Hill for lunch and some of their famous apple cider.

Picked up this new $99 Insignia sound bar for $20.

View attachment 173534

Got a little off-road lol.

View attachment 173535
I haven’t been to Apple Hill since the 70s. I do remember the cider.

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I haven’t been to Apple Hill since the 70s. I do remember the cider.
It's probably more crowded than when you went. I was little annoyed to be honest. So many people not wearing masks. Oh well. So long as the kids enjoyed the excursion and I got to take the rig out.

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Explored the historic mining town of Silver City Idaho today. Checked out forest/BLM road F483. 4x4 worthy but not technical. Very pretty overcast day. Idaho City is pretty much closed down until next spring summer. Here are a few photos and I try and post a route map for others. Transmission shift cable popped off on the way down and I was stuck in first gear until I zip tied the cable to the tranny shift arm

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Added a rodent deterrent contraption under my hood. Not so much for mice, but cats. They love hiding under my truck. With cooler weather ahead (some day), I didn't want any of those guys seeking shelter in my engine bay. 5 min install lol.

Feels well made for the price.

3D77E74A-A87C-4A8F-BFEE-16ED477EB861.jpeg

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Pulled down the rear wheel hubs for cleaning/inspection/re-grease of the bearings. Looking great, new bearings have settled in nicely. One more thing ready for winter.
How often is it recommended. I thought the rear bearings get their lube by way of the diff carrier center section.

Reactions: Ubiety

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

Pulled down the rear wheel hubs for cleaning/inspection/re-grease of the bearings. Looking great, new bearings have settled in nicely. One more thing ready for winter.
How often is it recommended. I thought the rear bearings get their lube by way of the diff carrier center section.
Wheel hubs on a D1/Defender(original) are outboard of the axle’s differential lubrication. If the outer axle seal in the tube which rides on the axle shaft fails the outer wheel bearing grease can be contaminated by it though more commonly it’s contaminated by submerging the axle in water.

I believe the factory D1 schedule advises wheel hub bearings should be repacked at the time of brake service or 30k whichever occurs first. I have it on my annual maintenance/inspection checklist. I installed these last October before I went up to Ontario for thanksgiving, so per my schedule it was time. ;)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Wheel hubs on a D1/Defender(original) are outboard of the axle’s differential lubrication. If the outer axle seal in the tube which rides on the axle shaft fails the outer wheel bearing grease can be contaminated by it though more commonly it’s contaminated by submerging the axle in water.

I believe the factory D1 schedule advises wheel hub bearings should be repacked at the time of brake service or 30k whichever occurs first. I have it on my annual maintenance/inspection checklist. I installed these last October before I went up to Ontario for thanksgiving, so per my schedule it was time. ;)
20-30 k miles sounds like what I had to repack bearing on my older vehicles before everyone went to pre-lubed wheel bearings. 30k miles would be 5 years of driving for me. Yearly sounds good to me if I ever get to drive mine. I've owned it for 1 3/4 years now and only put 1000 miles on it. Disgusting isn't it !

Reactions: Sparksalot

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
M.O.R.E. dead pedal installed! What a pain that was :) The JL version works just fine in a JT. Followed other's advice and wedged some foam behind the "bracket with welded bolts" to keep it in place while fitting the rest of the pedal. I'm sure I'll pull it apart and adjust but can already tell that I like it (in the garage); seems like it will reduce ankle strain. Will get to test it out tomorrow on the Sugarloaf day trip!

Probably will install the hide-a-step bases (front driver/pax) later in the day. My wife should barely notice the impending lift and 35s :)

Cleaned garage and shop last weekend - it is a totally amazing experience to be able to get at your tools!

BA27ABD8-C4C5-4E7B-A629-B789EDCCACAA_1_105_c.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M.O.R.E. dead pedal installed! What a pain that was :) The JL version works just fine in a JT. Followed other's advice and wedged some foam behind the "bracket with welded bolts" to keep it in place while fitting the rest of the pedal. I'm sure I'll pull it apart and adjust but can already tell that I like it (in the garage); seems like it will reduce ankle strain. Will get to test it out tomorrow on the Sugarloaf day trip!

Probably will install the hide-a-step bases (front driver/pax) later in the day. My wife should barely notice the impending lift and 35s :)

Cleaned garage and shop last weekend - it is a totally amazing experience to be able to get at your tools!

View attachment 173892
Duaaa, Greg, what is a dead pedal ?

Reactions: Ubiety