First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey @Lanlubber -
I could have predicted that someone was going to ask :grimacing:.
As accurately as I can remmember. Mostly because AllTrails will not register a completed trail unless you reach a very specific coordinate, so even you have reached the end of the trail unless one gets to this one spot it will not register the trail as 'completed' and so will not keep it in the history.

184609, 153638, 163159- these were taken on lookouts on HWY 26/89/191 between Moran and Jackson Wyoming- Albright View Overlook, Blacktail Ponds Overlook, Schwabacher Landing.
175415- was taken in Twin Falls Idaho- The I. B. Perrine Bridge
160247- This was a heard of Bison grazing off Antelope Flats road in Gros Ventre by Morman Row.
141329- I don't remember exactly which trail to get to this lake- I would need to look at my GPS, but it was off HWY 22 near Jackson Wyoming
142439- Lake Lackawaxen, off Blood Lake trail HWY 224 near Park City Utah- was bout about an 8 mile out and back
2487- taken somewhere off Wilson/Moose Rd (HWY 390)
145616- Ketchum Idaho- scenic overlook trial off Sun Valley ski resort.
Thanks, I'm trying to build a travel route through all those states ASAP. When I see something interesting that others post I try to log it for my trip. I want to fish every place I can find as well as do a lot of disbursed camping camp when it's allowed.

Reactions: Shamu and Ubiety

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Got my antenna installed yesterday and the antenna cable and power cables are ready to route through the firewall. Drilled out the middle of the plastic plug in the empty "clutch hole" in the Gladiator firewall and epoxied in some yoga matt (camping shower floor) to provide some weather proofing. Epoxy is dry this morning and I hope to get the radio fired up later in the day.

IMG_5289.jpegIMG_5290.jpeg

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Looks awesome! Whats the rear facing camera by the dresser for? Have one of those LED USB bulbs and it has been awesome over the years!
It is a security camera. If it senses motion or loud noise, it will start recording. It can also be activated with a remote control. There is also a second attached camera above the camper shell entrance window. It's the little black box looking thingy.

So in case any two-legged creature decides to mess with me or my rig, I'll have it recorded. Of course if that main camera is taken, then I'm SOL lol.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
The under the hood part of the radio install is done; wires now in the cabin and need to be routed under the trim to the back seat. Project part next... ;)

Antenna mount. Seems pretty robust/stable so I have not installed the extra self tapping screw.
IMG_5291.jpeg

Power routed from battery to firewall hole
IMG_5292.jpeg

New wires going into super plug
IMG_5293.jpeg

This part is done.
IMG_5294.jpeg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
The under the hood part of the radio install is done; wires now in the cabin and need to be routed under the trim to the back seat. Project part next... ;)

Antenna mount. Seems pretty robust/stable so I have not installed the extra self tapping screw.
View attachment 172831

View attachment 172832

View attachment 172833

This part is done.
View attachment 172836
Nice clean install. I have my CB antenna mounted in the similar location and have excellent SWR readings.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

View attachment 172831

View attachment 172832

View attachment 172833

This part is done.
View attachment 172836
What about tree limbs and such. Will they be a hindrance to that location ? I have no idea where a good location is for permanent mount. I think my Midland radio comes with a magnetic roof mount (havent installed it yet) . If I get into the tree branches I just bring it inside I think. Still house bound so won't know anything until I can hit the trail in November I hope.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Nice clean install. I have my CB antenna mounted in the similar location and have excellent SWR readings.
Thanks! Got the wires hidden under trim and ran to the radio. Got an APRS packet out (and received some) with a cheapo mag mount antenna! Woot! Now just need to solder the PL-259 end on the new antenna cable and wait for the display and mic extension cables. Then clean up all the cable madness... Will be good to have my trusty radio back! Running out of cheap upgrades :)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
What about tree limbs and such. Will they be a hindrance to that location ? I have no idea where a good location is for permanent mount. I think my Midland radio comes with a magnetic roof mount (havent installed it yet) . If I get into the tree branches I just bring it inside I think. Still house bound so won't know anything until I can hit the trail in November I hope.
I got the springy extra attachment for this antenna to help for when I pull into the garage and under tree limbs. It also folds down easily - the only challenge is me remembering to fold it down BEFORE hitting something :)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Added some upfitter switches to my f150. They aren't wired up to anything but I just got them run into the engine bay for now in preparation. Next project will be a relay & fuse panel.
Looks good, good location, how did you do that. How will you get wires too and from the switches is a better question ? Is your upholstery removable ? Duaaaaaaaaaa :-/