Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

I used to love Drafting... had several real nice tables and boards I built myself... and lots of neat little gadgets for measuring and drawing... then I found CAD. It changed my life. I have several thousand CAD files of different project I either built or plan to build, ranging from drawer sliders to RC airplanes. I design in Google Sketchup 2017.
Unfortunately now that I don’t have my desktop computer set up any more I have switched to Brown CAD (Cardboard Aided Design).
Brown CAD is a great drafting tool, built a few projects that way. Cheap software.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Good progress on it. Fine tuning for stability, and good to go.
Thanks, yes I will def. be tuning for stability. Yesterday I ordered another FuelPax generic mounting plate for my second tank so we'll see how that goes. I was also able to use the slack on my spare mount security cable and swing it through one of the holes of the propane tank mount for extra measure.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Spent most of the day messing with the CJ. Got the pulley and reservoir on the PS pump after painting it.

Got both diff's drained and refilled with new gear oil. The old stuff was pretty disgusting and the front diff had obvious water contamination but luckily the gears were spared. The rear diff is leaking from the pinion seal already so I get to drain that again and replace that seal the diff cover is also leaking a little bit, ordered a new rubber seal for that. Yay. Front diff sealed up fine.

Replaced the rear rubber brake line from the frame to the axle. Pretty sure it was the original. Need to do the front's eventually but they'll be easy to do even with the tub on the frame.

Got a little carried away with my big press while changing U-joints and busted the ear off of the slip yoke of the rear driveshaft. That was an 80 dollar mistake. More like 100 after I get the shaft rebalanced.

The front drive shaft has a ton of play but the splines on the drive shaft look fine so going to test the new slip yoke on it and see if I can salvage the shaft with a new 80 dollar slipyoke vs 250-300 for a whole new front drive shaft.

Painted a few odds and ends here and there but getting closer to having the driveline/frame wrapped up and starting on the body work on the tub.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I ordered and installed a second FuelPax Universal Mount for my second gas container. Now I just need to fill both gas tanks, mount the propane tank and go off-road somewhere to really test the stability and weight of everything on the hitch carrier. Feels solid, but need a true field test.

B449C814-852B-4A59-956B-7B88730723DB.jpeg

E167FB3A-6DC8-4723-B2B0-764B0CAF3998.jpeg

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Slick. The thing I like is the DIY aspect. :-)
Its the unfortunate curse of the domestic full size trucks... almost no one makes 4x4 or off-road type stuff for them, so a lot of custom work tends to be the norm. Plus its a good chance to get some welding practice in.

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
Well I didn't think I would touch this truck. I really loved the stock TRD Pro, but when I saw Eibach came out with a very modest spring for the Pro's I knew that would be perfect for what I wanted. So I added the springs on Wednesday. Added the 285 WildPeak AT3's on Thursday. Got it aligned on Friday. And because I was rubbing bad, I removed my spacers on Saturday. I actually like the tires a little more tucked on a 4R. On my Jeeps I liked them outside the fenders. The ride on the Eibachs is firmer, but not harsh. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I love how the WildPekas look in. Plus they are noticeably quieter than the stock G2's.

Stock:

media.jpg

After:
media.jpg

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Well I didn't think I would touch this truck. I really loved the stock TRD Pro, but when I saw Eibach came out with a very modest spring for the Pro's I knew that would be perfect for what I wanted. So I added the springs on Wednesday. Added the 285 WildPeak AT3's on Thursday. Got it aligned on Friday. And because I was rubbing bad, I removed my spacers on Saturday. I actually like the tires a little more tucked on a 4R. On my Jeeps I liked them outside the fenders. The ride on the Eibachs is firmer, but not harsh. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I love how the WildPekas look in. Plus they are noticeably quieter than the stock G2's.

Stock:

View attachment 171546

After:
View attachment 171547
That is perfect now. I am thinking about the eibach for my Jeep too. If it sits similar to your 4runner I will be happy.

Reactions: rho

Highmark Adventures

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chilliwack,BC Canada
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

The old beast is still a work in progress but I did finally get out for an overnight to do some testing of the latest additions and one last weekend of kayak fishing.

Attachments

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
That is perfect now. I am thinking about the eibach for my Jeep too. If it sits similar to your 4runner I will be happy.
I'm very happy with this setup. I drove Jeeps for years and every time I did anything to the suspension I was usually disappointed. This is my favorite vehicle I have ever driven. I spent $1500 for springs, install, tires and alignment. Ive never spent only $1500 for just tires on my Jeeps.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
The old beast is still a work in progress but I did finally get out for an overnight to do some testing of the latest additions and one last weekend of kayak fishing.
Nice! Full size Dodges are always a good time, dig the flatbed and rack too. I had a job at an HVAC company for a few years and my truck there was a 3500 Dodge flatbed, It was slow as hell but I loved that truck. This brings back some good memories, haha.

Reactions: Highmark Adventures

Highmark Adventures

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chilliwack,BC Canada
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

Nice! Full size Dodges are always a good time, dig the flatbed and rack too. I had a job at an HVAC company for a few years and my truck there was a 3500 Dodge flatbed, It was slow as hell but I loved that truck. This brings back some good memories, haha.
Thanks for the comment, yup she is a lot of fun and no mistaking the sound of that v10 when she is working hard.