Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Took off my roof top tent today, along with my rack, and tool box. My rig is going in for surgery this weekend. Also cleaned my garage. 20200920_160700.jpg

Reactions: RoarinRow

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Spent some time practicing with the welder this weekend and got this mount fabbed up.

Pretty stoked with how it came out...
View attachment 170722
Be sure and show us how you mount it and where. Will it swing away or be mounted solid somewhere ?

Reactions: rho

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

A little more progress on the Howell TBI install. Work OT and fire prevention clean up around the yard have not left much time, but today was a good day to dive in.
New gaskets for the exhaust and valve covers, all removable removed (air inj. system, carb, fuel pump). TBI installed. Vent canister with the same port config as the new smog tag diagram sourced and installed, and all vacuum lines installed. Still waiting for my fuel pump clamp to come in before coming up with a mounting strategy. Nice having the time to tinker my way through it and do a clean and permanent install. Pump, filter, harness, and computer install still to go.

Attachments

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Be sure and show us how you mount it and where. Will it swing away or be mounted solid somewhere ?
Will do! Its actually going inside the bed of the truck... We have a bed slide, so this will tuck between that and the side of the bed, against the wheel well. The shorter end is so we can wrestle the jug down to it and tip it in...

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Well guys, I have the itch to start working on the Bronco again.. face is almost healed up. Stitches come out tomorrow. I think (if I can talk @KRose into letting me) I will pull the front seats our so I can remove the steering column and transmission tunnel to get all that ready for the transmission swap. I have a “Cherry Picker” and transmission jack showing up late this week or early next week.

One stuck bolt on the transmission dust cover is holding this all together... should be easy to get apart now.... either a hammer and chisel or a pair of vice grips and the bolt head will pop loose. Then off the transmission will come and out the engine will go... putting it all back to get her should be a lot simpler... although before the engine can go back in I have a new RedHead steering gearbox to go in.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well guys, I have the itch to start working on the Bronco again.. face is almost healed up. Stitches come out tomorrow. I think (if I can talk @KRose into letting me) I will pull the front seats our so I can remove the steering column and transmission tunnel to get all that ready for the transmission swap. I have a “Cherry Picker” and transmission jack showing up late this week or early next week.

One stuck bolt on the transmission dust cover is holding this all together... should be easy to get apart now.... either a hammer and chisel or a pair of vice grips and the bolt head will pop loose. Then off the transmission will come and out the engine will go... putting it all back to get her should be a lot simpler...
although before the engine can go back in I have a new RedHead steering gearbox to go in.
Do not use grinder on transmission cover
bolt !! Otherwise, full speed ahead if your feeling up to it. :o)

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Nothing on the rig today but I got an MRI today for my effed up shoulder... Surgery is likely, but no idea what the scope of it is going to be yet. :|
Hoping you have a successful surgery if it comes to it.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
So after I installed my Ham antenna on my roof and ran down the door channel, I started to hear a whistle at freeway speeds. Air was coming in and making an annoying noise. Yesterday I put some of my left over tailgate trim kit and put it in the door channel. Bamn, no more whistle noise (knock on wood). Very very happy and just in time for Fall. Hope it also means no water will get in through the driver’s side.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Nothing on the rig today but I got an MRI today for my effed up shoulder... Surgery is likely, but no idea what the scope of it is going to be yet. :|
I hope it's repairable. I was in a major car wreck in 2014 that separated my collar bone from my shoulder bone. I was 79 @ the time and get my medical from the VA. I was pretty laid up with arm slings for 5 months before I found out VA wasn't going to do any surgery
on me. They told me that surgery wasn't necessary. I think they just dont want to spend the money or time on old people. It left me slightly deformed with a sagging shoulder. Too late to fix it now but I wish they had fixed it when I was in the hospital after the injury. I definitely cant use that arm like I once did and it bothers me a lot when I use it for work.

Hang in there, shoulder surgery has a long healing time. I wish you luck and send a prayer for your quick and successful recovery.

Reactions: rho and RoarinRow