Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got my T150 torn down. I tore it down because it would pop out of 1st gear when under any torque unless you held the shifter down in 1st and I had the Jeep fully torn down already.

These are the only 2 questionable pieces i could find that aren't in my overhaul kit.

Reverse idler and 1st/reverse synchro.

Im definitely replacing the reverse idler but am curious if this synchro looks normal as far as wear goes. I'm replacing the syncro plates and springs on each hub just to be safe.

Reverse Idler

1/R Syncrho

Reactions: ollovertheplace

MWallace

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Hamilton, Ohio, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Wallace
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Installed a Spartan locker in the rear.View attachment 168701
How does it work, electronically, air or ?
It's an automatic locker. It is all mechanical. It ratchets to allow the outside wheel to spin faster when turning. This is not my daily driver though. You can hear the ratcheting a little bit when turning at low speeds. I didn't even have to pull the carrier to install it. It works when the pinion is exerting force on the ring gear, the center pin forces the two half's outward not allowing the unit to ratchet. It takes some getting used to, but they are not expensive and since you are not changing the carrier, the lash does not change.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It's an automatic locker. It is all mechanical. It ratchets to allow the outside wheel to spin faster when turning. This is not my daily driver though. You can hear the ratcheting a little bit when turning at low speeds. I didn't even have to pull the carrier to install it. It works when the pinion is exerting force on the ring gear, the center pin forces the two half's outward not allowing the unit to ratchet. It takes some getting used to, but they are not expensive and since you are not changing the carrier, the lash does not change.
I think that sounds like what I want for at least my rear diff. I want something that auto kicks in when it is needed.

Reactions: MWallace

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I went and bought a wood chipper/shredder from Harbor Freight after reading BAD reviews about the DR ones, and GOOD reviews about the little HF one.

It's pretty sweet, Now I'll be shredding more, traveling less.

Sheeze.......
The one I bought 7 years ago jammed up after only 2-3 uses and is still jammed up. There was a nut I couldnt take off for the repair so I just put it in the corner and left it. I think by now the parts I did take off have disappeared.
So be it !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Naaahh it’s only another inch you would be fine
View attachment 168902
Thanks for the info. The difference is 1.5" but it's the gear change that I wouldn't want. The 35" is 5" larger in diameter than a stock (29.5") LRD2 tire size. That's a huge change for a factory 370 to 1 diff gearing (might get better gas mileage though).. Anyway I just bought new tires and need to see how they perform before I would do any tire size change.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Thanks for the info. The difference is 1.5" but it's the gear change that I wouldn't want. The 35" is 5" larger in diameter than a stock (29.5") LRD2 tire size. That's a huge change for a factory 370 to 1 diff gearing (might get better gas mileage though).. Anyway I just bought new tires and need to see how they perform before I would do any tire size change.
Well technically it’s only 4” bigger due to 35s not being 35” and your only dealing with half of the tire so your really only adding 2” of added strain on the drivetrain

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well technically it’s only 4” bigger due to 35s not being 35” and your only dealing with half of the tire so your really only adding 2” of added strain on the drivetrain
"
A stock LRD2 tire is 29.5". The 35's are 34.4". That's a difference of 4.9" technically. Or 2.45" taller tire. Do you have a Disco ? The first pic is my LRD2 with the 2" lift and 32" tires and just added new rear bumper. I have to air down to get my spare tire on now. A conversion tire carrier can be had for the rip off price of over $100 bucks.. The second pic is my LRD2 with new 32" tires and new front bumper and 2" lift. The third pic is my LRD2 with stock bumper, no lift and showing the bad fitment of 32" tires on the stock LRD2. The fourth pic is the LRD2 front bumper with raised light bar for the yet to be installed 9" LED driving lights. I'm almost good to go on it's first adventure as soon as I'm well enough to handle a solo run.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
"
A stock LRD2 tire is 29.5". The 35's are 34.4". That's a difference of 4.9" technically. Or 2.45" taller tire. Do you have a Disco ? The first pic is my LRD2 with the 2" lift and 32" tires and just added new rear bumper. I have to air down to get my spare tire on now. A conversion tire carrier can be had for the rip off price of over $100 bucks.. The second pic is my LRD2 with new 32" tires and new front bumper and 2" lift. The third pic is my LRD2 with stock bumper, no lift and showing the bad fitment of 32" tires on the stock LRD2. The fourth pic is the LRD2 front bumper with raised light bar for the yet to be installed 9" LED driving lights. I'm almost good to go on it's first adventure as soon as I'm well enough to handle a solo run.
Looks like you’re well under way... hurry up and get better. The fish are biting hard out here in the Northwest and we are getting anxty to meet you.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Well not a whole it to report on the Bronco Build...
I did work on cleaning up some parts in the engine compartment though and painted the battery tray and air intake housing mount. Thank you guys for fallowing along. 2CA1342D-3CC2-4162-9ECF-5D83073DD56C.jpeg19A309EC-6029-4269-B798-B15C8C784F1F.jpeg3B98C57C-20E8-4017-A66C-1785BF7DB230.jpeg55AB5B1E-5CF7-4DB4-975E-6DC1080A45B0.jpeg58172EE8-BDB9-412C-AC4C-A2B2FB840222.jpegA6C4B835-2A75-47BA-9B6E-D18481DFB9EF.jpeg15F3EA18-6857-493D-9A65-149824C82D17.jpeg65F9D238-C63A-4287-8153-B43E72E61010.jpeg762B5796-490C-4657-90EC-F923F1DF5278.jpeg82CF2206-99F2-4FE9-BB2E-045B8BD74F1E.jpegA81AFE44-2C0E-4D13-972E-747BCFDAB7CE.jpeg8929CF77-6C41-487C-978C-814BC16D5714.jpeg

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
So many projects lately. Having a trip planned sure lights a fire under me to get things done. Lot's of normal maintenance (as is required of a Land Rover) like coolant change and other fluids. But I'll just show the fun stuff. New 23 Zero Peregrine 270 awning (with the nice light/heat blocking fabric). This is a 5 arm one which has a little less coverage in the rear compared to the 6 arm ones, but the advantage is it works with my rear upper tailgate and the ladder just barely touches the rear arm.

View attachment 168993

View attachment 168995

The roof rack config as of now. I might redo the awning brackets later to just mount it to the rack since it is strong enough and then I won't use up space with the brackets (That I had to cut channels out of and add spacer blocks). I also just have my maxtrax zip tied to my rack now which isn't great.... I still have the eo2 mounts under also which I use for my roof cases when I need tons of space for a family trip. You can also see my new Hella Marine SeaHawk XL lights which are AMAZING camp lights. Super diffused light in white and red. Highly recommend. Also the solar panel on hinges and gas struts is still going strong after several years of use. Works fantastic. You can also see my little shelving bracket in the lower left which is where my Eccotemp L5 water heater goes for the shower.

View attachment 168994
Awesome looking setup!

MarcoM

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, USA
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
Replace faulty clutch fan. (Hayden is on my Crap list, might have cost me a motor). Modified it for a second spring position- a heavy duty position for times like triple digit temps when pulling a trailer up Steens Mountain at max gross vehicle weight. Did not like 245 degrees last week on the old 4.7. Also replace JKS track bar bushings. They should have not gone south so quick, found the welding bead on one side interfering with the bushing seating fully. That explains it. A little angle grinder time and good to go. I'd have thought better of JKS. Oh well, my battle with crap manufacturing and faulty parts continues. Also added alumaseal to the 6 month old radiator. When cold one of the tank seams leaks. Time to order my 3rd radiator.......
have you looked into replacing the oil in the fan clutch with a heavier cst oil weight? Not sure it's possible on your fan clutch but maybe worth a look.

Reactions: Knight Raider

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Looks like you’re well under way... hurry up and get better. The fish are biting hard out here in the Northwest and we are getting anxty to meet you.
Had a little set back this week. Don't know what really happened but I woke up Saturday morning at 1:30 AM and was very dizzy and had a complete loss of balance. My head was spinning and I couldn't orientate. May be an inner ear problem but what ever it is I cant walk. It is clearing up each day a little more today. I'll be there sometime in October before the end of the month.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Had a little set back this week. Don't know what really happened but I woke up Saturday morning at 1:30 AM and was very dizzy and had a complete loss of balance. My head was spinning and I couldn't orientate. May be an inner ear problem but what ever it is I cant walk. It is clearing up each day a little more today. I'll be there sometime in October before the end of the month.
Ohh man, sorry to hear about your vertigo problems. A few people I know (myself included) had a vertigo flare up over the weekend. I don’t know if barometric pressures changed or what. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ohh man, sorry to hear about your vertigo problems. A few people I know (myself included) had a vertigo flare up over the weekend. I don’t know if barometric pressures changed or what. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Oh wow, I hear about so many people with vertigo lately. It happened to me two years ago and lasted only 48 hours. Between the clammy feeling, the nausea and the dislocated head I dont know what I'd do if it became permanent. I hope you are okay, I wasn't aware you suffer the same hindrance.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Oh wow, I hear about so many people with vertigo lately. It happened to me two years ago and lasted only 48 hours. Between the clammy feeling, the nausea and the dislocated head I dont know what I'd do if it became permanent. I hope you are okay, I wasn't aware you suffer the same hindrance.
I’ve had vertigo since I was a teen... doctors have no clue why I have it... they have done all kinds of test, and everything comes back ok.