Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
loaded up a bunch of ethernet cable, few tools, my laptop and headed to my brother's house a few miles away to fix his home WI-FI. Seems that wi-fi and internet connections are a thing these days, with all the remote learning and working going on from home base.
Yup, been doing the same to my home. Replaced all WiFi and network equipment in my home to support distance learning and working from home. Just finished last night and getting to a stage where I'm happy with the setup. Hmmm, now to do the same thing in my rig lol.

MarcoM

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, USA
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
Yup, been doing the same to my home. Replaced all WiFi and network equipment in my home to support distance learning and working from home. Just finished last night and getting to a stage where I'm happy with the setup. Hmmm, now to do the same thing in my rig lol.
Not sure if you are kidding but- Rig wi-fi, hmmmm. hot spot enabled cell phone, or verizon mi-fi device for areas within cell range. Satelite options are $$$$$ with restrictions as one can imagine.
SatelliteCappedWhever you can see the southern skyPriceySpeed Varies / High Latency
But if one really, really needs it when off the grid, it's available.

Wondering how effective those add-on auto cell booster 'antenas' work to extend cell signal range.

Reactions: RoarinRow

MarcoM

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
Starter on my 80 series had not turned over a couple of times in the last few months. Got may replacement OEM starter solenoid parts form PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World .
Toyota 2822666060 STARTER KIT, BATTERY TERMINAL 1 7.95$7.95$
Toyota 2822672010 STARTER KIT, BATTERY TERMINAL 1 6.95$6.95$
Toyota 2823554380 PLUNGER, MAGNET SWITCH 1 14.01$14.01$
Item(s) Subtotal: 28.91$
Shipping & Handling: 13.21$
Total for This Shipment: 42.12$

2 hours later, bob's your uncle- done!

1 hour of that was trying to unclip the one small back ignition wire to the solenoid- I think Toyota/Lexus could have made the lock clip a bit larger or easier to reach.

hopefully this will last me another 160K miles

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Not sure if you are kidding but- Rig wi-fi, hmmmm. hot spot enabled cell phone, or verizon mi-fi device for areas within cell range. Satelite options are $$$$$ with restrictions as one can imagine.
SatelliteCappedWhever you can see the southern skyPriceySpeed Varies / High Latency
But if one really, really needs it when off the grid, it's available.

Wondering how effective those add-on auto cell booster 'antenas' work to extend cell signal range.
Well, I certainly have most all the bits and pieces, just haven't tied everything together. I've got a good stand alone hotspot device, I have a wifi repeater/extender, I have a portable firewall device, I have Inreach Sat, I have Weboot Reach / cell phone repeater, just haven't sat down to see how I could put it all together. I have the space and power requirements for sure lol. Skills, not so much.

MarcoM

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
Tore the CJ carb down this morning. Cleaned up the main body and have the rest of the parts standing by for carb dip when i get home today. Goal this evening is to have that put back together and get started on the transmission.

UGH, carbs!!!
Simple, reliable- but if i never see or mess with another one it will be too soon.
Best of luck w your project, aside from the carb sounds like a doozy.

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

Attachments

Reactions: Sierra Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I dropped of my intake manifold to the Machine shop, picked up my head gasket set while I was there. Also ordered a distributor drive gear, ignition control module, and a few other parts... all should be here within the week.

I also replaced a burnt out turn signal bulb in my wife’s 4Runner, and need to get its oil changed SOON.

then after that I painted some stuff black, and prepped a few more parts for paint. Tomorrow I’ll post it all up in my build thread.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Checked the torque on all front suspension components. Got an alignment a month ago and within the last week something on the driver side makes a loud pop whenever turning at a low speed. Gonna clean up and take a test drive later, when the clunk happens I don't feel it in the gas or brake. I have replaced all bushings and components except for upper control arm bushings and the steering rack itself so I'm hoping nothing is actually broke. It all looks fine so far so hopefully it works out this time... I've spent enough time on this truck to not need anything for at least another decade.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I dropped of my intake manifold to the Machine shop, picked up my head gasket set while I was there. Also ordered a distributor drive gear, ignition control module, and a few other parts... all should be here within the week.

I also replaced a burnt out turn signal bulb in my wife’s 4Runner, and need to get its oil changed SOON.

then after that I painted some stuff black, and prepped a few more parts for paint. Tomorrow I’ll post it all up in my build thread.
Why did your intake manifold need machining. Was it warped ?

Reactions: Highplainsdrifter

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Why did your intake manifold need machining. Was it warped ?
It’s not getting machined... just hot tanked and runners polished... I might get it ported as well... but I think that will be early next year when I rebuild my existing motor... it’s going to be a simple build: balanced, blue printed, simple valve job, port matched intake, mild roller cam, and a few other things... still going over options, talking to my builder, and waiting until I get the 89 engine pulled an inspected before I wrap my head around the whole build.

you can see the crud inside the intake runners in the lower intake in the pictures below.
FDCF1D15-4591-4862-82BA-F5500AADAD48.jpegF65B17E3-E9B0-4BF2-ABEF-9B0BEBC1F5E4.jpeg