Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Pulled my dash apart and wired up a switch for my rigid ditch lights so that the light comes on when I turn my headlights on wish it would sit flush but it’s not to bad
OMG you people who tear into your wiring are brave. I have 4 ditch lights but haven't installed them for fear of screwing something up.

Reactions: Highplainsdrifter

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Replace faulty clutch fan. (Hayden is on my Crap list, might have cost me a motor). Modified it for a second spring position- a heavy duty position for times like triple digit temps when pulling a trailer up Steens Mountain at max gross vehicle weight. Did not like 245 degrees last week on the old 4.7. Also replace JKS track bar bushings. They should have not gone south so quick, found the welding bead on one side interfering with the bushing seating fully. That explains it. A little angle grinder time and good to go. I'd have thought better of JKS. Oh well, my battle with crap manufacturing and faulty parts continues. Also added alumaseal to the 6 month old radiator. When cold one of the tank seams leaks. Time to order my 3rd radiator.......

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It’s not getting machined... just hot tanked and runners polished... I might get it ported as well... but I think that will be early next year when I rebuild my existing motor... it’s going to be a simple build: balanced, blue printed, simple valve job, port matched intake, mild roller cam, and a few other things... still going over options, talking to my builder, and waiting until I get the 89 engine pulled an inspected before I wrap my head around the whole build.

you can see the crud inside the intake runners in the lower intake in the pictures below.
View attachment 168662View attachment 168663
your getting there. That's a lot of good things you want for your engine. I use to spend many hours porting and polishing and port matching my engine heads and manifold. It always paid off for me.

Reactions: M Rose

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

Pulled my dash apart and wired up a switch for my rigid ditch lights so that the light comes on when I turn my headlights on wish it would sit flush but it’s not to bad
OMG you people who tear into your wiring are brave. I have 4 ditch lights but haven't installed them for fear of screwing something up.
It’s really not to bad trust me I didn’t want to have to remove so many panels lol. you just need power, ground, relay and to tap into your running light fuse and you have a backlit switch that lights up with your headlights and turns on when you push it

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
your getting there. That's a lot of good things you want for your engine. I use to spend many hours porting and polishing and port matching my engine heads and manifold. It always paid off for me.
That’s what I have heard... IF I keep this Bronco, it has to last me 30 years the best way to make it last is out the best parts in I can afford, keep it as close to stock as possible, and make the tolerances right factory specs.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Tore down the CJ transmission down yesterday. Inspected and figured I need to order a few more hardparts that dont come with the rebuild kit and got the housing cleaned and painted.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I’ve heard nothing but good so far and at that price I’ll take a chance. Be nice to run 35s with only 2” of lift
You couldn't do that to my LRD2 without cutting the wheel wells out. I would need 4" of lift for a 35" tire. I'll stay with my 2" lift and 32" tires.

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Not today, but yesterday I took the truck for a much needed cruise up to the top of a mountain near Lake Tahoe. Unfortunately the view from the top wasn’t as good as it’s been before with all the fires going on in CA.

Attachments

Reactions: ollovertheplace

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I went and bought a wood chipper/shredder from Harbor Freight after reading BAD reviews about the DR ones, and GOOD reviews about the little HF one.

It's pretty sweet, Now I'll be shredding more, traveling less.

Sheeze.......