• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I drove it!
And now there's a clunking coming from the front!
After i did my lift and tires i had a clunk, needed all new tie rods and connecting sleeves. It had a warranty so the shop fixed that. Then i drove it another couple days and of course the warranty was expired and had another clunk... Turns out the shop that installed the lift didnt torque down the sway bar links or lower shock mount bolts, i was very unhappy to say the least...
What was the clunk you were hearing? My guess is sway bar links?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Had my oil changed at Subaru of Twin Falls, in Idaho. I'm over 5100 miles so far. Update soon, but I'm still adding pics in the link in my trip thread.

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Been working on my roof rack finally, then loaded up the tractor and went bush hogging, and killed a rattlesnake.rps20151017_215633_755.jpg rps20151017_215705_411.jpg rps20151017_215737_739.jpg rps20151017_215805_122.jpg

Reactions: Sonarman

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

After i did my lift and tires i had a clunk, needed all new tie rods and connecting sleeves. It had a warranty so the shop fixed that. Then i drove it another couple days and of course the warranty was expired and had another clunk... Turns out the shop that installed the lift didnt torque down the sway bar links or lower shock mount bolts, i was very unhappy to say the least...
What was the clunk you were hearing? My guess is sway bar links?
Yep, you nailed it. I had a buddy helping me with the install, he cross threaded the lower sway bar bolt on e front passenger side, so it felt tight but wasn't. Had to cut the bolt with an angle grinder and replace it. All good to go now.

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Removed my stock fog lights and replaced them with 36w 6.5" light bars. They work great, too great. Perfect for dark trails and forest roads, totally unusable on pavement. I was hoping for a best of both worlds, and I failed. Back to the drawing board.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Yep, you nailed it. I had a buddy helping me with the install, he cross threaded the lower sway bar bolt on e front passenger side, so it felt tight but wasn't. Had to cut the bolt with an angle grinder and replace it. All good to go now.
Seems like front end parts on these Jeeps wiggle loose, i re-torque mine every other month or so.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I mostly finished my body lift finally and was able to drive it for the first time yesterday since I started this "little" project. It's taken me over a month because of tons of reasons. All that's left now is adjust my crooked bumper and install the gap guards.

There's a ton of room for a water tank under there now so that may be the next project I tackle.
Before

After

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Installed my garvin wilderness rack. Marking my spots to drill. I spent and 2 hours at least measuring and measuring some more. I hate drilling into sheetmetal. 20151013_191542.jpg 20151013_191554.jpg 20151020_180919.jpg 20151020_180933.jpg 20151020_181207.jpg 20151020_184156.jpg

20151020_184208.jpg

And of course it ain't done till it's got and OB sticker on it20151020_185407.jpg

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I had to buy a Yellow Top today. On our way out to the trail we stopped at the park for the little one to run out some energy and the truck wouldn't re-start. :0/ Odd considering I just had the battery trickle charged and tested yesterday.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Installed my garvin wilderness rack. Marking my spots to drill. I spent and 2 hours at least measuring and measuring some more. I hate drilling into sheetmetal. View attachment 434 View attachment 433 View attachment 432 View attachment 431 View attachment 430 View attachment 429

View attachment 428

And of course it ain't done till it's got and OB sticker on itView attachment 427
If that sticker fades, its one of the bad ones! Write us at info@overlandbound.com and request a new one. We will send it right out!

M

Reactions: stoney126

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I just consider it Salty. lol

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Removed the LED fog lights I had installed, re-installed the factory fog light housings modified with a 9005 low beam headlight bulb. Awaiting darkness for testing. Hoping this will give me the bright fog lights I want without feeling like a jerk for blinding all oncoming traffic.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

What LED fogs did you have? I went with some from Diode Dynamics, they were replacement housings, bad A and recommend. They project a WIDE as in across 4 lanes of the freeway to each side, then up the cement medium a few feet, but unless you drive a slammed minitruck or sport car you will not see them if I am driving next too. I have sold a few locals on them after seeing them. They are 1400 lumen but you can look right at them and not be affected due to the pattern. Excuse the poor photos of a beam shot, but you get the idea. The light on top of the beam is my headlights. I should unplug them and try to get a better photo but with the airbox in the way it is a PITA.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

@utspoolup I just have cheap 6.5" 35w LED light bars from Amazon. Chinese knock off of Rigid Industries pretty much. I bought the 60 degree flood option figuring that being cheap knock offs they would under perform and just meet my needs. I was wrong, they were far brighter and cast a much larger throw than I was expecting. They would light up tree tops 40' in the air and hurt to look at. Im going to mount them somewhere in the front for off-road only use. They were only $50-$60.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

*Winter mode activated*

Tonneau cover on and mall crawling. lol

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
I ordered some little stuff!
  • 1x FJ Cruiser Rear Overhead Paracord Handle Set (of 2)
  • 2x JEEP TOW HOOK
  • 2x FJ Wave Sticker
  • I love the Jeep tow Hook sticker, Should generate some good conversation. !!!!!!!!!

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Removed the exhaust from the cats back. Instead of buying or fabbing a new y-pipe, made up an exhaust system using a two in/one out Magnaflow muffler. Got the system mocked up in the chassis sitting on a transmission jack, ready to tack weld together. Now that the mock up is in place, I have ordered the pipe for the exit side of the muffler.