Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Thank you kindly! I've done some welding here and there, but this is my first time fabbing a more involved, more "serious" project, so I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.
I'll be building a HD rear bumper for my truck in the (hopefully) near future. I plan to add one, or two swing outs. Not going to decide how many until the bumper it done.

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I'll be building a HD rear bumper for my truck in the (hopefully) near future. I plan to add one, or two swing outs. Not going to decide how many until the bumper it done.
I like the two swing outs; they help distribute weight well, especially when open. A bit more work, but well worth it IMO: You can also use one swing-out as a seat, and the opposite one as a table! :smiley:

Those Frontiers are great trucks, by the way. They last seemingly forever.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I'm getting ready for winter driving so I pulled the covers off of the Tiburon seats in my Jeep LJ and installed Dorman seat heater kits. These things work great. I also reinstalled the original MOPAR radio. It has big knobs and buttons … so I can drive with my gloves on!

Elco joe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ouray, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Skalsky
Member #

Finished up putting on the arb bull bar on my 97 land cruiser - what an adventure! it Didn’t fit - of course the arb video showed it slid on perfectly, lucky there are threads everywhere and on the mud site showing every way from using a sledgehammer to a bottle jack and a block of wood. I opted for the bottle jack and wood .

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

I spent 5 days exploring Death Valley with friends of Overland Bound. While driving through Trona to topoff with fuel I noticed a dead kitten in the road and then another one on the side of the road an 1/8th mile away. After fueling up and buying drinks I decided to go back and check on that second kitten. Something was eating at me. It just didn't seem positioned the way a dead animal usual is. So I drove back and checked the area of the first kitten for any live littermates. Finding none I drove up to the second kitten and it hadn't moved in the last 20min despite the sun beating down on it on the hot pavement. As I walked up to it I saw its head jiggle trying to awkwardly get a look at me. It was alive!!!

I picked it up and placed it on my passenger seat and it immediately scurried down into the footweel between all of those 50lb sandbags I stuck there. I hurriedly rejoined the group so I wouldn't keep the large caravan waiting. I purchased some baby shampoo and a few cans of wet cat food and off we went. One of our members is a paramedic and diagnosed her as very dehydrated. Over the course of the day I got her to drink water and eventually eat some cat food. She, it's a girl, perked right up and started acting like a normal kitten. I tucked her in my shirt for portions of the trail drives and even while sitting around the campfire. On the drive home she alternated roaming the truck exploring and sleeping in my lap. I had intentions of bringing her to the kitten rescue organization near my house but after the last 4 days with her I'm kinda attached. :love:

Campsite in Trona Pinnacles

Mengel Pass Trail

So now I have matching adventure pals with her and Ellie dog. lol
Thanks JC. I understand that feeling and respect your action greatly.

I live on a country road where a lot of animals get abandoned, especially cats. It is heartbreaking when a starving house pet comes around and just wants to be near a human.

I saved this one from an infection, dehydration, and then an owl or hawk attack. She returns the favor by getting the gophers and wood rats around here. Part of the family now.

P_20191027_220853.jpeg

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Finished up putting on the arb bull bar on my 97 land cruiser - what an adventure! it Didn’t fit - of course the arb video showed it slid on perfectly, lucky there are threads everywhere and on the mud site showing every way from using a sledgehammer to a bottle jack and a block of wood. I opted for the bottle jack and wood .
Any idea how much it weighs? I'd love to put one on my Disco, but if I've learned anything from my Jeeps, it's that weight kills.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Thanks JC. I understand that feeling and respect your action greatly.

I live on a country road where a lot of animals get abandoned, especially cats. It is heartbreaking when a starving house pet comes around and just wants to be near a human.

I saved this one from an infection, dehydration, and then an owl or hawk attack. She returns the favor by getting the gophers and wood rats around here. Part of the family now.

View attachment 125998
Good on ya Jim! Looks like she repays you with snuggles too. :hearteyes:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: eagle_A40

wvjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8CD
Washed the windows inside and out. Rerouted an axle vent tube, and added +5 sticker power. Going trail riding in the George Washington National Forest tomorrow.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

I'm always looking of how I can have less clutter inside the truck. Move these items outside, not really happy with the hi lift, it looks awkward but I really didn't want it in the rear since my trunk is heavy with other equipment. And I feel like I have a bit better grips on the front now with a bit of weight.

AB9AC29A-0C31-4A77-A674-FEC569B7C829.jpeg
C42EE36A-4411-49FA-AF18-A89484262FC5.jpeg
94493FAC-97FB-4E82-92B5-D98B9B938A24.jpeg
0B9AB9EC-8C89-4FAB-AADC-506086FB953E.jpeg