Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Switched to the Disco. Removed all of the plastic stuff on the bumper, straightened it and painted it satin black for now. Sanded the hood and got a few coats of clear on the outer part. Should be ready for anti-glare black in the center tomorrow.20191110_195101.jpg

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

I'm always looking of how I can have less clutter inside the truck. Move these items outside, not really happy with the hi lift, it looks awkward but I really didn't want it in the rear since my trunk is heavy with other equipment. And I feel like I have a bit better grips on the front now with a bit of weight.

View attachment 126106
View attachment 126107
View attachment 126108
View attachment 126109
Great work! And chance you could show closer shots of how you mounted your Maxtrax? Looks interesting.

Reactions: AL.WVSN

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I mounted my new inverter inside a non conductive box and created some extra vents to keep the heat down. Now it’s time to start working on the power cords and figuring out the routing of the cables.
That's exactly what I need to figure out. I know its fairly simple but I'm simple minded when it comes to electronics. That's why I want to meet up with the guy on El Paso.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Switched to the Disco. Removed all of the plastic stuff on the bumper, straightened it and painted it satin black for now. Sanded the hood and got a few coats of clear on the outer part. Should be ready for anti-glare black in the center tomorrow.View attachment 126246
Much better and easier than my D2 bumper. Your D1 is much cleaner on the front.

Attachments

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
That's exactly what I need to figure out. I know its fairly simple but I'm simple minded when it comes to electronics. That's why I want to meet up with the guy on El Paso.
I am as well but I am talking about the actual running of the wires. Where am I going to run them to reach where I am going to mount the inverter. I am using 4/0 AWG wire (basically jumper cables) so I must figure out how to run them and they must stay out of the way.

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I am as well but I am talking about the actual running of the wires. Where am I going to run them to reach where I am going to mount the inverter. I am using 4/0 AWG wire (basically jumper cables) so I must figure out how to run them and they must stay out of the way.
That's what I want to look at on the El Paso rig. His is clean and almost unseen. I'll fimd his post so you can see.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

Great work! And chance you could show closer shots of how you mounted your Maxtrax? Looks interesting.
This might make a bit of sense but, it's just two straps going thru the side of the board thru the back. I hid it from the outside so it looks cleaner.

I also used a cam action buckle so it was easier to pull to get it tighten versus a ratchet since there's barely any room.

Attachments

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

This might make a bit of sense but, it's just two straps going thru the side of the board thru the back. I hid it from the outside so it looks cleaner.

I also used a cam action buckle so it was easier to pull to get it tighten versus a ratchet since there's barely any room.
Awesome, thanks!