Launch Member

Contributor II

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Dolcourt
Member #

Great looking bumper build, your own design ? I'm in the process too, soon I hope.

Thanks for the kind words but unfortunately it is a Coastal Off-road DIY High Clearance bumper.

I would not recommend purchasing from them. Although they did answer my questions regarding the bumper some of the pieces that I asked to be included with the bumper were never sent. They take a few days to respond to emails as well.

I wouldn’t be as salty about the situation if I had received my cut out pieces as I asked. I had to come up with different lighting solutions afterwards like using the KC Cycles as blinkers.

The steel quality is top notch but the fitment while assembling the bumper caused the entire piece to be rotated towards the car so the bumper has a “negative rake”.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thanks for the kind words but unfortunately it is a Coastal Off-road DIY High Clearance bumper.

I would not recommend purchasing from them. Although they did answer my questions regarding the bumper some of the pieces that I asked to be included with the bumper were never sent. They take a few days to respond to emails as well.

I wouldn’t be as salty about the situation if I had received my cut out pieces as I asked. I had to come up with different lighting solutions afterwards like using the KC Cycles as blinkers.

The steel quality is top notch but the fitment while assembling the bumper caused the entire piece to be rotated towards the car so the bumper has a “negative rake”.
Thankfully you are the only one who can see these things.. I looked for a DIY bumper but they were all too fancy for my taste. I wanted a simple design so I designed my own. I'm using C channel to cut down on welding mixed with 3/16" plate steel. The welder was impressed with the simplicity of the design which will save money as well. I'm kind of a cheap skate. Weight was a big factor for me and it will only weigh 60# with the store bought winch plate incorporated. Thanks for giving me your info and DIY hints.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Finished the install of my Kenwood TM-D710GA dual band transceiver. Just needed to run the power cable from the battery in to the cabin and up under my passenger seat. The cable is fused on both the red and black near the battery, and there is a red line fuse on the pig tail coming off the radio.

May upgrade the run some day with a conduit of some sort to protect the wires, but it works for now.
IMG_4292.JPG

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Finished the install of my Kenwood TM-D710GA dual band transceiver. Just needed to run the power cable from the battery in to the cabin and up under my passenger seat. The cable is fused on both the red and black near the battery, and there is a red line fuse on the pig tail coming off the radio.

May upgrade the run some day with a conduit of some sort to protect the wires, but it works for now.
View attachment 117452
Looks good Mike!

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy/ army 26yrs

View attachment 117452
Where did you get it

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

Not only today but yesterday as well we used our rig(s) to haul our kids half way across the state for baseball/softball. I got a great parking spot this morning (had to be at the field for 7:00 am) and later in the day thought it would make a good photo. As of now our rigs have more dirt from ball fields on and in them than trail dirt. :flushed:
livingston park 9-15-19.jpg

This might have something to do with why there's so much dirt INSIDE the 4Runner...
danica steals home.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Took her out exploring. Stayed a night at a random road side campsite near Union Valley Reservoir then met up with the group from OverlandBound and we headed up the Tahoe side of the Rubicon and camped at Richardson Lake for the weekend.

Not a bad spot to camp.

View from the tent sucks though...

Good ol' crawfish boil

Sourdough Hill 7,976ft. ASL. The Rubincon Trail winds its way through the valley below.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Took her out exploring. Stayed a night at a random road side campsite near Union Valley Reservoir then met up with the group from OverlandBound and we headed up the Tahoe side of the Rubicon and camped at Richardson Lake for the weekend.

Not a bad spot to camp.

View from the tent sucks though...

Good ol' crawfish boil

Sourdough Hill 7,976ft. ASL. The Rubincon Trail winds its way through the valley below.

Yeah the view would be better without the stinky socks in the picture. Doesn't look like you guys even bothered to air down for the rocky road.
That is a nice place and wouldnt mind spendinf a week or two our there throwing rocks at the squerrels. Thanks for the pic's but leave your
feet out of the next ones, I might want to frame and hang it on my wall. LOL

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Yeah the view would be better without the stinky socks in the picture. Doesn't look like you guys even bothered to air down for the rocky road.
That is a nice place and wouldnt mind spendinf a week or two our there throwing rocks at the squerrels. Thanks for the pic's but leave your
feet out of the next ones, I might want to frame and hang it on my wall. LOL
Will do Captn! I can send you the sockless version. ;)

We aired down. The trail is too rocky to be comfortable at street pressure but yeah, it wasn't technical enough to require it. Now had we continued on much further it would have gotten real.... I'm not quite ready for the Rubicon.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Replaced my rear view camera with a better quality one as far as low light lux.

Old camera - around 1pm.
90C913D0-3C4C-4489-AAC7-4C7E45BFB7D1.jpeg

New camera - This is at 7pm’ish.

B8D8FAC2-41B1-4101-8448-86BBD8B32F46.jpeg

It’s harder to tell in pictures but I can def notice a difference in picture quality.