What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
that rig of mine gets all the love and attention ( and all of my hard earned money) constantly.
..and if a dog ever peed on my tyres, it would be limping away holding it's cahoonas.
Did you ever see a dog pee on an electrified van ?

Shamu

Rank V

Contributor III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Applied some Noico noise mat to my 2004 TJ’s front floorboards (getting her ready for the next Canyonlands trip). I’ll see...hear...if helps reduce some road noise after my Tom Woods CV driveshaft arrives and R&R the front upper control arm bushings. Southwest Jeep, not a speck of rust discovered after pulling up the carpet.

6288B428-D8BD-41E6-AF35-8741364B754C.jpeg5441B60B-23FD-4346-AC6D-7849DEB49DA0.jpeg

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Applied some Noico noise mat to my 2004 TJ’s front floorboards (getting her ready for the next Canyonlands trip). I’ll see...hear...if helps reduce some road noise after my Tom Woods CV driveshaft arrives and R&R the front upper control arm bushings. Southwest Jeep, not a speck of rust discovered after pulling up the carpet.

View attachment 117888View attachment 117889
I'm impressed. Did it come in a pre cut package just for jeeps. I've never heard of it before.

Shamu

Rank V

Contributor III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I'm impressed. Did it come in a pre cut package just for jeeps. I've never heard of it before.
It comes in several folded sheets; the box is pretty heavy for its size. I cut/shaped the mat in order to preserve the drainage. If I understand the concept, it is not required to wall-to-wall the surface, just enough to reduce vibration. So, application involved drainage preservation and TLAR.

The Jeep is on jack stands so I could adjust the Novak t-case shift cable (so I could get into 4L reliably) and to measure the length & u-joint type for a CV driveshaft to go along with the completed tummy tuck. So...why not try out some noise reduction while waiting. I got the idea from the Embark With Mark channel on YouTube.

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
It comes in several folded sheets; the box is pretty heavy for its size. I cut/shaped the mat in order to preserve the drainage. If I understand the concept, it is not required to wall-to-wall the surface, just enough to reduce vibration. So, application involved drainage preservation and TLAR.

The Jeep is on jack stands so I could adjust the Novak t-case shift cable (so I could get into 4L reliably) and to measure the length & u-joint type for a CV driveshaft to go along with the completed tummy tuck. So...why not try out some noise reduction while waiting. I got the idea from the Embark With Mark channel on YouTube.
I have a Ford Escape I use for daily but mostly travel The road noise is bad from the tires mainly I think. It may be inherent to the 4x4 all wheel drive train but it drives me crazy at speeds below 60 mph. You solution may be what I need to do. Thanks for posting and pictures, it looks like a good idea to me.

PNW EXPLR

Rank VI
Supporter +

Influencer II

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

I'd still keep my cut outs for the next owner although he could use aluminum sheets to cover and pop rivet over the holes unless you sell it to another off roader.
Looks like it will make a tidy installation I would like to see when your finished. I might do something similar to the fiberglass panel in the rear of my LRD2 in an existing compartment that has only access from top, to be able to install my solar charger, amp meter and Inverter in the recess instead of a surface mount.
I will post progress and the finished results here.

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Got ran into this morning, minimal damage to rear bumper, just a few scratches....... But the perfect excuse to get a metal bumper with swing out carriers.
Hey good idea. Why didnt I think about that. Slam on your brakes , let the guy behind yo smack you good, then let His insurance buy you a new off road bumper (or most of it), smart thinking Bingham :astonished:

Reactions: Buckaroo