Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Applied some Noico noise mat to my 2004 TJ’s front floorboards (getting her ready for the next Canyonlands trip). I’ll see...hear...if helps reduce some road noise after my Tom Woods CV driveshaft arrives and R&R the front upper control arm bushings. Southwest Jeep, not a speck of rust discovered after pulling up the carpet.

View attachment 117888View attachment 117889
I'm impressed. Did it come in a pre cut package just for jeeps. I've never heard of it before.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I'm impressed. Did it come in a pre cut package just for jeeps. I've never heard of it before.
It comes in several folded sheets; the box is pretty heavy for its size. I cut/shaped the mat in order to preserve the drainage. If I understand the concept, it is not required to wall-to-wall the surface, just enough to reduce vibration. So, application involved drainage preservation and TLAR.

The Jeep is on jack stands so I could adjust the Novak t-case shift cable (so I could get into 4L reliably) and to measure the length & u-joint type for a CV driveshaft to go along with the completed tummy tuck. So...why not try out some noise reduction while waiting. I got the idea from the Embark With Mark channel on YouTube.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It comes in several folded sheets; the box is pretty heavy for its size. I cut/shaped the mat in order to preserve the drainage. If I understand the concept, it is not required to wall-to-wall the surface, just enough to reduce vibration. So, application involved drainage preservation and TLAR.

The Jeep is on jack stands so I could adjust the Novak t-case shift cable (so I could get into 4L reliably) and to measure the length & u-joint type for a CV driveshaft to go along with the completed tummy tuck. So...why not try out some noise reduction while waiting. I got the idea from the Embark With Mark channel on YouTube.
I have a Ford Escape I use for daily but mostly travel The road noise is bad from the tires mainly I think. It may be inherent to the 4x4 all wheel drive train but it drives me crazy at speeds below 60 mph. You solution may be what I need to do. Thanks for posting and pictures, it looks like a good idea to me.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I'd still keep my cut outs for the next owner although he could use aluminum sheets to cover and pop rivet over the holes unless you sell it to another off roader.
Looks like it will make a tidy installation I would like to see when your finished. I might do something similar to the fiberglass panel in the rear of my LRD2 in an existing compartment that has only access from top, to be able to install my solar charger, amp meter and Inverter in the recess instead of a surface mount.
I will post progress and the finished results here.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Got ran into this morning, minimal damage to rear bumper, just a few scratches....... But the perfect excuse to get a metal bumper with swing out carriers.
Hey good idea. Why didnt I think about that. Slam on your brakes , let the guy behind yo smack you good, then let His insurance buy you a new off road bumper (or most of it), smart thinking Bingham :astonished:

Reactions: Buckaroo

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello,
I promised to share some pictures of my mods done to my ARB front bumper.The stock ARB Winch bumper has the winch completely inclosed in a box with no access to the winch spool. Maybe, not so much a problem with synthetic cable, but I still did not like the thought of having to pull the whole bumper to get a stuck cable working again! I wanted to have access to the Winch spool if I ever had a bad backlash or get all the cable stuck on one side of the the winch spool. I think it turned out great. One bad thing, I still need to reach under the bumper to the winch control lever. See what you think? Still need a relocation kit to mount the winch solenoid under the hood.Vance.1B4BCD1A-5915-489C-A36D-53223E9D8E40.jpeg0BCF8137-680C-45C3-AE32-1835C2184EF9.jpeg25DEE2DF-DA1B-4311-B79A-C16FBBFC5D7E.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello,
I promised to share some pictures of my mods done to my ARB front bumper.The stock ARB Winch bumper has the winch completely inclosed in a box with no access to the winch spool. Maybe, not so much a problem with synthetic cable, but I still did not like the thought of having to pull the whole bumper to get a stuck cable working again! I wanted to have access to the Winch spool if I ever had a bad backlash or get all the cable stuck on one side of the the winch spool. I think it turned out great. One bad thing, I still need to reach under the bumper to the winch control lever. See what you think? Still need a relocation kit to mount the winch solenoid under the hood.Vance.View attachment 118128View attachment 118129View attachment 118130
Looks very usable to me Vance. Did you have to cut out the bumper from the top to get access to the spool ? How did the winch lever end up on the bottom side of the bumper ? I see now... your winch is bolted to the bumper face instead of to the bottom so that makes your winch lay on it's side. Hmmm I never thought of doing that but did you have a reason for doing that, like no bottom on your bumper. It looks like you welded a winch plate to the face of the bumper for strength, is that true.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling