Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
More playing around in sand. The stuff reminds me of deep snow. If you run too high of a gear and or let the trans upshift you'll bog down and you're doomed if you leave the traction nannies engaged. I couldn't get it to throw giant rooster tails but I had fun nonetheless. :D

2nd gear low range or 2nd gear high range, that is the question ? LOL

Reactions: JCWages

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

After driving it to and from work, I Jacked it up with the new-to-me jack stands I bought off FB Marketplace for $10, crawled underneath to start measuring and thinking about how to build a skid plate for the carrier bearing. While I was at it, I noticed that the safety hangers and the carrier bearing bracket were bent yet again from hitting rocks off road, so out came the BFH and I bashed them back into shape again. Gotta say, that carrier bearing is built well - the boot is still intact and no grease leaking despite being hit and bent at least 3 times now.IMG_20190910_144554196_HDR.jpg

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Big week this week, fortunately! Installing the Falcon 3.3 shocks, Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer, Teraflex Outback Springs, Teraflex adjustable Alpine control arms, JKS Quick Disconnects for the front sway, Helwig rear sway bar, and new brakes. Definitely excited to see how different the Teraflex/Falcon setup rides vs. the Old Man Emu.

Last night I set up my Galaxy tablet, Ram Mount, and 67design arm on the new Hi-Line Dock from Hi-Vis Overland. I love this thing! Super easy install, totally out of the way, and works with so many mounting options. FYI, my tablet is in front of my rear view mirror, but doesn't completely block it. My mirror is pretty useless anyway because the rear is packed with gear.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
After driving it to and from work, I Jacked it up with the new-to-me jack stands I bought off FB Marketplace for $10, crawled underneath to start measuring and thinking about how to build a skid plate for the carrier bearing. While I was at it, I noticed that the safety hangers and the carrier bearing bracket were bent yet again from hitting rocks off road, so out came the BFH and I bashed them back into shape again. Gotta say, that carrier bearing is built well - the boot is still intact and no grease leaking despite being hit and bent at least 3 times now.View attachment 116833
WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, there, that'll learn ya durn ya !! :fearscream:

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Nice rig George. Glad to be finding more guys like you in the El Paso - Las Cruces - Alamogordo area. Hopefully we can all get together sometime in the future for a trail run. I'm up here near Silver City on the Mimbres river close to Lake Roberts in the Gila National forest. Trying to get ready for some Fall and Winter outings. There are two others in El Paso, And you make three. I know of one in Alamo and he knows a few more. There are more in LC but I don't know any of them. Let me know if you are interested in s group trip.

Reactions: Shamu

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
At 320k miles, I had to start the most expensive repair on a 100 series Land Cruiser, the brake booster.

I was able to squeeze a little time into the swap before the kiddos got home today. Brake bleeding will be tomorrow
View attachment 116863

View attachment 116864
Holy cow. I bet that did set you back a few coins. That thing looks like it belongs on a space ship. Where did you get it ? Do you have any pics of your rig you would like to share with us ?

Reactions: KonzaLander

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The booster is OEM from Toyota. Here is a pic of the rig.
View attachment 116915
Awesome beast !
To me nothing looks better sitting in the woods than a Land Cruiser or a Land Rover Discovery. I bet I get some feed back on that statement but for me it's true. Hope you were able to get your brakes fixed and the LC rolling again.

Reactions: KonzaLander

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Rotated tires. And removed the aftermarket engine mounts and replaced them with OEM Mopar mounts. Much smoother now.

Reactions: RoarinRow

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
From last weekend but went wheeling at Big Creek and Uwharrie. Night wheeled Dickey Bell on Friday and Saturday did Big Creek 9-5 and Daniel after that. For those that follow me on Instagram you probably already saw the footage but here ya go.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign