San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
Picked up Sumo track rod and ball joints and dampener relocation kit (to match my previously installed drag link ;-), oh, and a set of brake pads, from RoverWare.US a bit ago... Got under and around the truck this past weekend to get them installed and dialed in. Zero wobble on the CA potholes anymore - runs solid and stops well too.

Attachments

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

View attachment 6230 View attachment 6229 View attachment 6228 View attachment 6227 Last week I travelled the Applegate Lassen trail with the High Rock Trekkers. It was a 250 mile, off road trail which started in Winnimucca NV. and ended in Cederville CA. two and half days later. The trail followed the historic Applegate Lassen pioneer wagon trail. During the ride one of the HRT members would transmit historical points over the CB radio which were very insightful. This was HRT's 22 year putting this event together. I highly recommend this event for anyone who is into history as well as overlanding.
That sounds like an interesting trip! How's the trail? Technical? Easy? Moderate?

Reactions: Unplanned Overland

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Installed my freshly powdercoated brush guard..

image.jpeg

my rear sub frame support plates..

image.jpeg

and not all that long ago I installed my EVAP canister vent bypass.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Daniel Etter

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Looks good, Sir. Also like the lights, I was debating between those and the Rigid Q2s. The combo pattern, slight smaller foot print, and the price I paid made the Q2 lights win, but everytime I see those I keep questioning my decision....

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Thanks UT.
ARB designed these, and Rigid makes them for ARB.
I will have to check out the ones you have too, as I have not checked out any of Rigids line.

These were very expensive, but every time I push the power button for them, I am glad I got them.
I have a few very dark roads on my way into work, and when I fire these u, it is like daytime on the ground.
When I turn them off, it is like I can hardly see my headlamps.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Yup, the Q2 are just the middle LEDs and they are square housings. I like that they came in a combo pattern with 8 spot and 12 flood LEDs. I paid just over $400 each for the Q2's. Lumens are comparable (7500 vs 9300). Its just the mix of both LED types in the same housing that sold me on them. I was half tempted to do 1 spot and 1 flood on the ARB, but went this route. Im still the only Nissan I have ever seen them on. I find I use the bumper lights more than the light bar. But when both are on, its stupid the amount of light that comes off the front of the truck.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

Left the rig at home yesterday and instead took my Yamaha XT250 for a day trip on a trail near Helen, Ga. Along with me came my friends in a stock Jeep and a Frontier Pro4x. We had a blast and even though the trail was easy there was a few technical spots where I spotted the my friends in their trucks; where they both got up on two wheels. Overall a great Sunday Funday! 20160807_115130.jpg

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Chris460

Rank 0

Contributor I

Had to park the rig in the garage for an extended period. Airbag recall makes the passenger seat unusuable. Dealer gave me a rental to haul the kids, but I am not allow to drive my favorite car. Sucks. :tired:
Hope to use the time for some mods. Mount and hook up the radio(s), maybe a roof rack?