Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Why not the AT/S? Mine were as quiet as the OEM Bridgestones.
The G015 is the new tire that is replacing the AT/S. I literally only have a handful of miles on these tires but it think I can barely hear a difference between these and the Duelers. They might be a tiny tiny bit noisier but I'm not going to complain because of the tread.

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

The G015 is the new tire that is replacing the AT/S.
Ah, OK. I wasn't aware that there was a newer all-terrain model. I thought the G015 was another of the number-model all-season. Thanks for the clarification. I sure loved mine, and they still looked new with about 14k miles on them when I sold the OBXT.

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

Front Brake Job.

Not real exciting but I'd figure I'd share. They were not due for replacement but one of my rotors got warped last month when a wheel bearing became loose while dropping into Silverton CO on the HWY. The star washer that locks the two bearing preload nuts in place failed. The key inside the washer sheared off allowing both nuts to turn as one. Anyway heavy braking turned to death wobble as a result. And the drivers rotor warped in the process.

So on to some pictures.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

If your familiar with Toyota solid axles then you know the whole hub has to be removed to replace the brake rotor as it bolts up the the rear of the hub.
image.jpeg

New and old. Both DBA's but the new ones are no longer directional.
image.jpeg

Reassembled, well almost. I prefer to set up the preload with the wheel/tire bolted up.
image.jpeg

What was really impressive was the condition of my old DBA rotors. The spec for a FZJ80 front rotor is 32-30mm. (Thickness) My old ones measured 30.85mm and 30.90mm. Which is pretty impressive for rotors with 90,000 miles on them. Under a heavy truck, that tows often, and I live in the mountains. It goes to show that premium parts are worth the money. Most people think the 80 series eats brake compnents. Personally I've not had that issue. Maybe they use cheap parts?

Last edited:

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
1471065417678.jpg1471065422896.jpg

Needed some extra storage, so we fabricated this hitch mounted case this week. We put it on a slide so I can open the hatch, yet slide it close to the truck while traveling. Large enough for the bulky 18x20 tent, 6 gallons of water, cooking gear, and some other odds and ends. Should be able to get a few more mpg than with the roof cage, that I used earlier in the year.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I found a great spot for my member emblem on my 6×6 "Motorhome"
Nice!!!!! That's a beast of a motorhome. Can't Waite to get my emblems either, ones going on my Jeep and the other will be for my OffRoad trailer when it's complete.

Reactions: Pete

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

I added 10 horsepower today.
Everyone knows stickers add a few extra horsepower, but did you know Daystar D-Ring/Shackle Isolators add 5 horsepower each?

I got a red set and a fluorescent green set delivered today from Amazon.
Trying out the fluorescent green ones now front and rear.
Daystar D-Ring/Shackle Isolators

Also got up early and was out washing the rig before the sun came up.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Changed the front hub bearing assemblies on both sides. That got rid of some of the noise I was hearing and all of the wobble I had between 40 and 45 mph. Still tracking down some additional gear-like noise that goes up and down with speed. May be the front differential, though I won't rebuild this one if it is. I am looking for a Vari-Loc of a Quadra-Drive Grand Cherokee. Both front and rear if I can get them.

Also rotated the tires and did bolt up grade the rear shocks that got rid of the clunking. Cool!! It involved replacing the stock bolts with grade 8 bolts and extra washers to take up the space between the bushing and the shock attachment flange. No Clunks!

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

I added 10 horsepower today.
Everyone knows stickers add a few extra horsepower, but did you know Daystar D-Ring/Shackle Isolators add 5 horsepower each?

I got a red set and a fluorescent green set delivered today from Amazon.
Trying out the fluorescent green ones now front and rear.
Daystar D-Ring/Shackle Isolators

Also got up early and was out washing the rig before the sun came up.
How does your maxtrax stay on your tire?