Saint Simons Island GA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Mohr
Member #

Service Branch
Former LEO
Rewired the factor installed seven blade trailer connector to a seven pin heavy duty connector and then spent hours moving wires since the factor did not follow the pattern on the connector when they wire their trailers...not fun in 90 degree heat with 90 percent humidity...BUT finally done and all lights on the trailer now working!

Reactions: Daniel Etter

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I has their skid plate on my OBXT. There wasn't a mid or snow plate for the third generation Outback, and I didn't do the diff cover. Nice stuff for my use.
It's nice having the peace of mind so I hope they serve me well. I would of loved to get the steel skid plates that Subaru makes for the car but for some strange reason they don't offer them stateside. It really is quite interesting how differently they treat the Outback depending on which country it's destined for. Several variations and combinations of different engines, headlights, fog lights, accessories, interior arrangements, etc..

Reactions: Steve

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I added 10 horsepower today.
Everyone knows stickers add a few extra horsepower, but did you know Daystar D-Ring/Shackle Isolators add 5 horsepower each?
I had no idea. So if I add 4 I'll gain 20 HP, very cool :grinning:

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Not my rig yet, but went and test drove a 2016 4Runner trail premium today and loved it! Pretty much set on the 4Runner and keeping my eye out for the TRD Pro. Since my H3 turned 10 years old, it's about time to keep it closer to home and use it as a local weekend warrior vehicle only. Now it's time to convince the fiancée to get the 4Runner now as an earlier graduation gift! [emoji16]

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Front Brake Job.

Not real exciting but I'd figure I'd share. They were not due for replacement but one of my rotors got warped last month when a wheel bearing became loose while dropping into Silverton CO on the HWY. The star washer that locks the two bearing preload nuts in place failed. The key inside the washer sheared off allowing both nuts to turn as one. Anyway heavy braking turned to death wobble as a result. And the drivers rotor warped in the process.

Corbet, great use of a muffin tray there! Where did you buy your rotors from? Also, do you preload the bearings with the wheel on in order to feel for play easier?

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

I ended up getting the rotors from tirerack.com. Slee was out of stock at the time. The EBC pads I generally get from Summit Racing.

And yes, I like to pre-load the wheel bearing with the wheel on as it's easier to feel for play. I don't like the method Toyota prescribes in the manual. It's never resulted in proper set up on my end.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

SaskRanger91

Rank 0

Traveler I

1471638920248.jpg1471638932214.jpg1471638949284.jpg
Well I put new leafs in and bushings on the Ranger rig. Passenger side was broken and fixed with a hose clamp from previous owner *insert wtf face* I have more parts to come (*leaf frame mounts and 2 inch shackles *) so for now I just used the old mounts so I can get back and forth to school while I wait for some time to pull the bed and camper shell off and dig in with a grinder.

Fatsquatch

Rank III

Advocate II

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
I packed haha. Still haven't painted the storage system. Still haven't mounted the D-rings forthe deck or mounted the cooler/fridge tray. Still haven't installed the sliders for the drawers. Or latches... Or handles... Screw it, I don't care. I wanna go camping after I get off work tomorrow, even if it's just an overnight, and only twenty minutes from home...

Reactions: WJ - Firefly