Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I'm still waiting on the powersteering reservoir cap, mine has gone missing.

I'm also saving up to get the powersteering pump replaced at the Hyundai dealership as they were the only shop (of the 3 I visited) that actually took the time to look at it and give me a quote.

67277670_2129497780509905_2561099297936375808_n.jpg

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Not sure but I've had the vibration and brake squeak since day 1. I always thought it was my tires. My 2016 had a similar squeak but brake lube always cured it for a few months so I thought this truck was the same. I got rid of the P-metric Wildpeaks because I was sure at least 1 was bad. Unfortunately my truck is so heavily geared up for off-road it will appear to be user error. My dealer is cool and will try to avoid letting GM know about all the mods because the dealer knows I've had this problem for a long time and prior to the mods.
You've seen me wheel. Can someone be more delicate? LOL
As a ex wrecker driver I've seen axels bent by improper towing techniques or transport so if you didn't buy it new it was probably bent before you got it

Reactions: JCWages

Haminacan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

Probably should have done this a while ago but I installed a fire extinguisher in the Tahoe.

View attachment 108681

View attachment 108682
Thank you for reminding me to put my fire extinguisher in the new truck. You will eventually need it, whether for you or to assist someone on the road. I remember 20+ years ago having to scoop water from a puddle with an empty pop bottle to put out a fire.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Bought it!
View attachment 108736
'82 f250 with a massive camper shell. Needs some stiffer leaf springs in the rear, new valve covers and some serious wiring work, but for $3500 it's a good starting point with solid bones.
Dang, I bet that thing gets roasting inside there in the summer, being all black like that! Congrats on the buy, though, I'd say it's a good value for money as long as the camper is in good shape and the engine is good.

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
On month five of waiting for my Overland trailer to be built. Been passing the time driving the Vette but I showed some love to the Ram 1500 by nearly finishing up my GMRS install.

Went with a 15w Midland MXT275 that is hard wired into the cab with a hood mounted antenna base. Waiting for my 6db gain antenna to arrive tomorrow to test out the range of this guy.

Traveler I

US
Dang, I bet that thing gets roasting inside there in the summer, being all black like that! Congrats on the buy, though, I'd say it's a good value for money as long as the camper is in good shape and the engine is good.
Yep, new paint job is gonna be one of many upgrades. Camper is in solid shape but we're planning on some serious changes inside, the engine runs great except for the overtorqued valve covers barfing oil everywhere.

Reactions: JCWages

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

On month five of waiting for my Overland trailer to be built. Been passing the time driving the Vette but I showed some love to the Ram 1500 by nearly finishing up my GMRS install.

Went with a 15w Midland MXT275 that is hard wired into the cab with a hood mounted antenna base. Waiting for my 6db gain antenna to arrive tomorrow to test out the range of this guy.
So jelly of you 'muricans and your awesome GMRS regs down there. I recently wrote to Industry Canada urging them to harmonize with the US in terms of GMRS specs.

Reactions: AnywhereInTX