What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Wawa Skittletits

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member

Influencer II

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

I hit the beach in Corolla NC. The heat was unbearable but when the opportunity came to give my 1 year old a nap time drive I headed straight for 4X4 beach. The Subaru did amazing as always and despite the dozens of stuck vehicles up and down the beach we didn’t have any problems.

00F41EB7-1F4E-44BF-8E00-3171E42D9E26.jpeg

JCWages

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I hit the beach in Corolla NC. The heat was unbearable but when the opportunity came to give my 1 year old a nap time drive I headed straight for 4X4 beach. The Subaru did amazing as always and despite the dozens of stuck vehicles up and down the beach we didn’t have any problems.

View attachment 108553
Lightweight and AWD FTW! :)

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

CR-Venturer

Rank VI

Influencer II

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Member #

I re-affirmed the value of checking over your rig before going to the bush. I was checking and topping up the oil (she's 20 years old, so she oozes a bit of oil) I noticed some liquid puddling on top of the transmission. A quick inspection confirmed it was coolant, and the culprit was a big, nasty split in the upper rad hose. A $30 part and 10 seconds of my own labor installing it averted what could have been a major disaster if we overheated way in the back country.

Instead of a disaster, my wife, our baby and I had a lovely day driving along Chilliwack lake and then launching the Overwatering rig and going for a little cruise to nearly the end of the lake. The rest of the kiddos were at Grandma's, so it was just us three for a change :)

Joey83

Rank VI
Benefactor

Pathfinder I

Sandnes, Norge
Member #

I'm still waiting on the powersteering reservoir cap, mine has gone missing.

I'm also saving up to get the powersteering pump replaced at the Hyundai dealership as they were the only shop (of the 3 I visited) that actually took the time to look at it and give me a quote.

67277670_2129497780509905_2561099297936375808_n.jpg

DoggMan1163

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Not sure but I've had the vibration and brake squeak since day 1. I always thought it was my tires. My 2016 had a similar squeak but brake lube always cured it for a few months so I thought this truck was the same. I got rid of the P-metric Wildpeaks because I was sure at least 1 was bad. Unfortunately my truck is so heavily geared up for off-road it will appear to be user error. My dealer is cool and will try to avoid letting GM know about all the mods because the dealer knows I've had this problem for a long time and prior to the mods.
You've seen me wheel. Can someone be more delicate? LOL
As a ex wrecker driver I've seen axels bent by improper towing techniques or transport so if you didn't buy it new it was probably bent before you got it

Reactions: JCWages

Haminacan

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Columbia City, Indiana
Member #

Probably should have done this a while ago but I installed a fire extinguisher in the Tahoe.

View attachment 108681

View attachment 108682
Thank you for reminding me to put my fire extinguisher in the new truck. You will eventually need it, whether for you or to assist someone on the road. I remember 20+ years ago having to scoop water from a puddle with an empty pop bottle to put out a fire.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI

Influencer II

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Member #

Bought it!
View attachment 108736
'82 f250 with a massive camper shell. Needs some stiffer leaf springs in the rear, new valve covers and some serious wiring work, but for $3500 it's a good starting point with solid bones.
Dang, I bet that thing gets roasting inside there in the summer, being all black like that! Congrats on the buy, though, I'd say it's a good value for money as long as the camper is in good shape and the engine is good.