Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I installed new rear rotors to see if that would stop my brake squeak issue. I doubt it will help but for $50 it's worth a shot. Install took maybe 30min. Very simple.

I also installed a set of Wulf 2"-3" lift shackles and removed my AAL. I won't be loading down the bed as heavy as I have been and I wanted to see if the rear rode softer without the AAL. It does..... So I bought the lift shackles to restore the lift I had with the AAL. Except there are not pictures of the shackles installed anywhere on the web and the instructions amount to handful of sentences on a sheet of paper, no pictures.

So I did my best and installed them backwards and maybe upside down. *shrug*

There are only a couple of ways they seem to fit without the cross brace hitting the frame when they pivot. I took photos before realizing they were backwards. :) I removed the shackles and reinstalled so the H-beam is now facing the tires. If I decide that 2" of lift from the shackles is enough I can cut the bottom eye off to make it look cleaner. Or I could use the full 3" and just remove the lift block but I'm not sure what that will do to my pinion angle. Hmmm

Powerstop coated rotors

Wulf shackles installed backwards. :) I flipped them around after taking the picture. I had to cut back my exhaust tip as well. It was on my to do list anyway.

Last edited:

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Today I converted my ARB fridge slider into a DIY tilting fridge slider. When my wife and I were at Overland Expo we purchased a new ARB fridge and slider. As soon as we got them back to our rig we figured out what we really needed was either a tilting slider or a drop down slider. Since then I've priced both types and I just can't bring myself to spend between $500 to upwards around $1,000.00 for another slider.

I got onto the internet and looked at how most of them Operated and decided to make something that will work for me. What I found was very simple, all I needed was a way to create a pivot point in the front of the slider and a way to limit how far the entire unit tilted. It's a very simple fix, a pair of door hinges and a nylon strap to limit the amount of tilt.

I put it together and it works beautifully, ever better than I expected. I might change the limiting strap a little but for now it's good...

View attachment 107022View attachment 107022View attachment 107023View attachment 107024View attachment 107025View attachment 107026View attachment 107026View attachment 107027View attachment 107028
Nice work!!

Reactions: Magic Mike

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
Went on a FS road that was a good first drive in my new to me Jeep. Some good spots to see the articulation but I never stopped and took pics of it.

Also found a place to install my axe I just bought that’s out of the way. Really wish it last time I went camping

Attachments

Reactions: roots66

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Removed the giant LEDs from the front of the camper. Was never really happy with them up there, but previous owner had installed lights up there already. Added some VisionX lights to the side of the camper; had them sitting in a box from previous projects. Quick wiring since can use the removed lighting setup, which is already factory-switched on the dash. [emoji16]

Cleaned and 303 treated the camper canvas. Was looong overdue.20190602_142555.jpeg20190714_140543.jpeg20190714_132420.jpeg20190714_132416.jpeg20190714_121129.jpeg20190714_140557.jpeg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Removed the giant LEDs from the front of the camper. Was never really happy with them up there, but previous owner had installed lights up there already. Added some VisionX lights to the side of the camper; had them sitting in a box from previous projects. Quick wiring since can use the removed lighting setup, which is already factory-switched on the dash. [emoji16]

Cleaned and 303 treated the camper canvas. Was looong overdue.View attachment 107742View attachment 107743View attachment 107744View attachment 107745View attachment 107746View attachment 107748
Love your setup...the work body with the camper is brilliant...LOTS of secure storage

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Went on an overnight trip scouting a route for an "Overlanding 101" trip for new Overland Bound members. Three of us started the trip in Nevada City yesterday and headed out to Bowman Lake then Mike (4Runner) and I found a cool campsite near Milton Reservoir then finished the route today. The new lift shackles worked great but my OEM leafs are crap without the AAL supporting the added weight so the ride was terrible compared to last weekend. With a light load of camping gear my springs looked completely flat. :( I immediately reinstalled the AALs when I got home and moved the shackles to the 2" position.

I'll post up a trip report as soon as Mike finishes it.

At Faucherie Lake 6'114ft. ASL

Henness Pass Road near the summit. 6,916ft.ASL

Last edited:

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Working on a bracket for my DIY breather extensions to mount near my brake booster. No pics yet as I am using a CAD (cardboard aided design) to get the fit right in the engine bay without having to drill any holes in any of the WJ's sheet metal. I'll be using existing bolts/weld nuts to piggy-back off of.

Reactions: roots66

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Had a super uneventful weekend... did a oil change on the jeep and I finally got around to replacing this stupid PCV valve on the motor. Oil consumption was getting bad so it was time.
The job wasn't to bad to do, read lots of horror stories on replacing it tho, mostly because of access to the area. It was tight to get to and a ratchet with the right torx head juuuuust fit in.

Oh, and I got new drain plugs for the back, pulled the top off and hosed all the dirt and crap out of the back. There was like 2 years of dirt and dust and crud on the bedliner in the tub and being how rough the surface is, it isn't the easiest to clean so a vac, brush or hose are the best bets.

Last edited: