What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Used the superduty haul the tractor to pull down a 20x20x18 building then haul the building off.

Truck wouldnt fit in the yard or i woukd have used that. :-D

No video

But i have pics!

uploadfromtaptalk1468777874475.jpg

Thats B cutting a hole on either side of the beam. We later used a chain to drag it to the ground from that point.

Used the bucket to stick him on the roof. Ladders are overrated. :-D

uploadfromtaptalk1468778300257.jpg

Here it is on thw ground

Was rotten old thing. Too far gone :-/ needed too much work...

Time for an outdoor kitchen and hot tub :-)

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I'm about to have to do this too, I had my head redone last summer, and I let the shop replace it. Since then I've developed a significant exhaust leak, Im PRETTY sure its the Y-pipes, but I'm prepared to do them all. Im tired of the sound. :(
@mellowdave, you can check the y-pipe pretty easy, just in the fenderwell. Mine had cracked and I had a shop weld it and it's held together well for several years. If you're not dealing with a supercharger it's pretty straightforward but working with exhaust system is always a PITA. I'd plan on replacing all 13 exhaust manifold studs/nuts. I actually ended up having to heli-coil one of the studs but that worked out ok.
Also plan on replacing all 4 of the exhaust header to y-pipe studs/nuts, as well as the gaskets, that's the mistake I made.
G'luck, Dan.

Reactions: RiverCityDave

OverlandHiker

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger II

Livermore, CA
First Name
Bennett
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LPD
This weekend my son and I installed a proper fire extinguisher in our rig. For about a year we have been driving around with a cheap Kiddie extinguisher rolling around in our recovery box in the bad of the truck. I really wanted to find a suitable way to mount the extinguisher closer to the driver. I found bunch of different options to consider. Finally I settled on the H3R Performance MaxOut 250R Fire Extinguisher with with Extreme Duty Quick Release and the Universal Fire Extinguisher Seat Mount. This combination allowed me to position the ABC rated extinguisher right at the front edge of my seat; out of the way, but still in easy reach.

Below are a few pictures of the installation. I tried to illustrate how the extinguisher attaches to the quick release plate. (I also note from the pictures that my carpet needs cleaning!)

I am happy with the results. Now, let's just hope it never needs to be used!

Cheers

-- Bennett

IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0285.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0288.jpg IMG_0290.jpg IMG_0289.jpg IMG_0292.jpg IMG_0293.jpg IMG_0295.jpg IMG_0294.jpg

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

What are you using as brackets for the drawer system. Something heavy duty I'm assuming?
I'm going to use some UMHW(high density plastic) and hopefully it will reduce the friction enough to slide it out without breaking my back. I am trying to do this on a super small budget and I haven't found a bearing slide I thought was strong enough to for a cheap. If the UMHW doesn't work I will bite the bullet and buy a bearing slide of some sort.

Reactions: 1largemouth

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I drove 160 from Branson to Poplar Bluff. What a mistake. It would be nice on a Kawasaki Ninja, or ANY bike, actually, but I'll never do THAT again in an SUV, truck, or car. A million 35 mph curves.

A million might be an understatement !

Reactions: expeditionnorth