What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial
S

SubeeBen

Converted my jeep the way it should always be. Took the (pardon my language) shittybilt src rack off as well as the top. Sooooooo nice. Rack is rusting all over very disappointed will be calling smittybilt hilt tomorrow. 2 years old with extremely minimal use I.e. 1 piece of plywood & & few 2x4’s & 0 overland trips & rust all over. Love the look & love the top off !,, 0B3A7F8C-A6B0-498A-B4CB-FBB0BFD282CB.jpeg0824AEC9-DAFE-4C31-B381-51E90ACC6524.jpeg

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I ordered a transmission cooler from Summit on Monday, got it today. Thanks Summit for the great service and fast shipping! Vance.
View attachment 99415View attachment 99416
Well, could not sleep last night, kept thinking about getting everything I wanted done on the new to me 4Runner. So, I bought a new Denso Radiator, the one in my 4Runner is 20 years old! New Toyota OEM rad. hoses, radiator thermostat, and Toyota radiator fluid. You can’t tell I like to run OEM parts! Will have the transmission cooler and new radiator hooked up in series for good cooling in the Summer and warm up in the cold winter months! This and the Toyota lower ball joints going in on the 3rd. of June! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I take it you are not doing this yourself? One job that I have never attempted.
Greg Eigsti,
I love working on my vehicles, but with my GBS disease, I lost some of my fine motor skills! So, I have to trust a mechanic to do all my repairs . I am blessed to have great mechanic, that is a Ex Toyota Technician do my work at his home. He works on other makes too but is a Toyota nut, drives a 96’ Land Cruiser too! Vance.

Reactions: Bradb55

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Greg Eigsti,
I love working on my vehicles, but with my GBS disease, I lost some of my fine motor skills! So, I have to trust a mechanic to do all my repairs . I am blessed to have great mechanic, that is a Ex Toyota Technician do my work at his home. He works on other makes too but is a Toyota nut, drives a 96’ Land Cruiser too! Vance.
Glad you have a good mechanic that you trust! Had a friend with GBS and it does not sound like a great time; sorry to hear that.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Road Shower back on the rack.
How well does this work? My thought is that it would make a wet mud pit near my rig. Wondering if I am way off base? I have a shower setup and keep it on the edge of camp near the toilet setup.

Charles_Alarie

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cotati, California
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Alarie
Member #

Reactions: Patrick

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Found a leak in one of my radiator fittings and discovered that I basically had no coolant. Amazingly, the V didn't even tick any higher on the temp gauge. This vehicle is a beast, seriously. So well built.

I topped up the fluid and now I'm looking at a $250 fix to have the mechanic install a new rad, flush the system, etc. Boo urns. I guess i can't complain given that the rig is 20 years old and who knows if the rad is perhaps even original.

Reactions: Ubiety and Bradb55

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
How well does this work? My thought is that it would make a wet mud pit near my rig. Wondering if I am way off base? I have a shower setup and keep it on the edge of camp near the toilet setup.
Yup it looks like this. Doesn’t leak and works like a charm. IMG_1657.JPG

They make a larger unit. I wanted this smaller size due to the build. The water is pressurized. Google Road Shower or check out the videos on YouTube.

Reactions: David S and Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Found a leak in one of my radiator fittings and discovered that I basically had no coolant. Amazingly, the V didn't even tick any higher on the temp gauge. This vehicle is a beast, seriously. So well built.
I am a big Honda fan! Have owned, and beaten, Honda motorcycles for decades and love the reliability and build quality.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Yup it looks like this. Doesn’t leak and works like a charm.
I totally misunderstood your original post - thought it was about vehicle mounted shower tent. I am super intrigued by setups like yours. Thanks for posting more info!