Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Their in lies the issue........I have the same issue. Really like to upgrade to the Fuji X-T3...........but since I can't seem to get off my arse to do any shooting why spend the money? The struggle is real!
I think a new lens would help with this issue! Hahahaha. When overlanding I rarely take the time to pull out the good camera and use it; really only do so if I see a phenomenal scene. Rented a Sony RX100 for a trip and used it a lot; could keep it in the front pocket and it initialized quickly enough to get a lot of "quick" shots. Would likely buy one if they offered it in APSC; the 1" sensor just does not do it for me. For stills anyway, video was pretty good for its size. Gets me thinking about slinging the Cotton Carrier over the pax seat, or elsewhere, for easier access??? That would at least help bring this post back onto topic for the thread ;)

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Completed my Offroad Gorilla diff breather relocation kit install last night. This is a 30 minute install if you take a 15 nap during the install. Super easy and straight forward. If you are planning on dipping your Frontier in any type of water, this is a must do mod. OffroadGorilla.com

Attachments

Seth Vernon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

I began Phase 1 of my new drawer build for the cargo area. 1/2” birch ply. I will cover this and drawer s and add latches etc.

Attachments

Ricky-Bobbi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Arguello
Member #

That is really cool! Hmmm, something like that might help reclaim space, in an orderly way, between the window and roll bar in my JKU. Thanks for posting!
That was my thought when I saw them. Free up some space in the rear gate of my forester. I ordered some pouches for my compressor and air chuck. I’m glad you like them.

Reactions: Baipin and Ubiety

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

The shots look great! Have considered switching to the Sony line but have a bunch of Canon glass... Would like something smaller but by the time I get something configured in my head that would make me happy it is nearly as large. Hahaha. Been looking at Fujis a lot as well and understand they are coming out with a full frame camera? Maybe I should actually GO OUT and use what I have?!?!? :) Will go look for you on Flickr/Instagram.
Much like "drive with what you've got", "shoot with what you've got"! I'd say camera tech of the last 4 years has more or less plateaued (unless you consider the 645 format Fuji, Leica, and Hassy have pushed as the next step up from full-frame). I like the Sony cameras because they're so easy to use with adapters, some of which do allow autofocus if I recall. My trick is to use tiny manual-focus rangefinder lenses (e.g. Contax, Leica, Canon M39) with the sony bodies - I can literally stuff the whole thing in a coat pocket.

I finally installed my Anderson Design Fabrication rear window Molle rack and fire extinguisher mount. I’m super excited. ADF makes some awesome products for Subaru’s. I can’t wait to install the passenger side.
I really like all the stuff that ADF does for Subarus - just recieved my 2"/2.5" lift kit in the mail, looking forward to installing it!

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

So had my welder make a mount for my Ram Mount setup for the Frontier. Got it installed yesterday afternoon. I’m digging it so far.

Attachments

Seth Vernon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

I’m nearing completion of my rear cargo drawer build on my 2012 Xterra pro 4x. IMG_5392.jpgIMG_5393.jpgIMG_5410.jpgIMG_5414.jpgIMG_5415.jpg

I found a magnetic backed motion activated led light for each drawer and covered the cargo system in a combination of bed liner and diamond tread padding. I’ll be integrating the power supply panel soon when I up-fit to a dual battery system under the hood. I’ve added tie down points to the ton Dek also.

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Taped up my front sunroof to see if that will stop the leaks that keep soaking my floor carpet - damn those Land Rover sunroofs.:fearscream:
crazy question and not 100 certain how your sunroof bucket is designed, but most have drain tubes in the corners and they clog so check the front corners and see if the drains are plugged. open sunroof and slowly pour some water or windshield fluid because of the color and look to see if its draining to the ground if not a air nozzle and low pressure in spurts at the drains may free them up or a stiff 1/8 inch tube or plastic line slowly pushed down the drain may work.
sometimes its dirt other times it can be spiders making webs in the drains
get that a lot on lexus vehicles.
best of luck

bendts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

A Pasture in Wisconsin
First Name
Bendt
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0WTR
crazy question and not 100 certain how your sunroof bucket is designed, but most have drain tubes in the corners and they clog so check the front corners and see if the drains are plugged. open sunroof and slowly pour some water or windshield fluid because of the color and look to see if its draining to the ground if not a air nozzle and low pressure in spurts at the drains may free them up or a stiff 1/8 inch tube or plastic line slowly pushed down the drain may work.
sometimes its dirt other times it can be spiders making webs in the drains
get that a lot on lexus vehicles.
best of luck
Yeah went through that whole process last spring while i had the headliner out to re-coat. Actually blew out the tubes and attached brass nipples to the sunroof pans as the stock very thin plastic ones basically break off when you look at them. I think is more the seal around the sun roof to roof area. So far the tape has worked as an experiment - so now I get to pull the head liner again and Silicone the crap out of Both sunroofs.