Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Had LED roof light bar glare off the hood so I jazzed up the hood a little to fix it.View attachment 95710
OHHHHH now I get it! I kept seeing all these rigs with black patches on the hoods and I was like "what's this all about?" Lol now I know. I can sometimes be a bit slow on uptake.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

America's Tire in Auburn swapped out my P-metric Wildpeak A/T3W for Load Range E. So far so good but I only have 20 miles on them so far. At 33psi (35psi on dash display) they didn't feel much different than the SL versions. I notice a little more impact sharpness on potholes but it's not bad. I do notice it takes a bit more effort to slow down and maintain speed on steep hills but the change isn't as big as it was when going from the Geolandar 32's to the heavier 33" AT3Ws. That said, anyone going from the paper thin lightweight 30.5" OEM tires to this setup will feel a pretty large difference and not for the better. A tune and new gearing will fix all of that though. It's the price you pay to play... :grin2:

After about 8,500 miles my P285s had about 10 32nds tread left. I used them pretty hard and according to other forum reports the first few 32nds of tread goes fast then wear slows down. With these freshies I'm happy to see about 17 32nds tread depth (claimed is 18) which means much better traction off-road at the expense of a little wet traction on road. I live where it only rains 3 or so months of the year so..... Falken over-rates their tread depth. My P285s were only about 13 32nds when new although they claim 14. I've been very happy with these tires and even the vibration issue was rather mild. It's mostly gone with the new tires but there is still a little there and I have a feeling it's related to something other than the wheels/tires as this truck was never as smooth riding as my old '16 All-Terrain.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV