Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Made brackets to hold Quickfists for a shovel and axe.
I'm fixin to fabricate jerry can holders / Rotopax off of the new trailer hitch receiver and I think some Quickfists just earned a spot in there somewhere - thanks for showing them off! I'm circling around the drain on the design... Want something swing out so I don't have to pull everything off to get into the back of the Jeep.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Great work, I changed out the strap on my RTT as well. I’m going make a similar mount set-up for a shovel & axe, but it will attach to my hi-lift. What did you use for the brackets, or did you cut them to size?
Thanks Mike! I just used some flat steel and cut it to size (18v angle grinder). I think I got that bar at Home Depot but ACE in town has a good selection as well. The materials are so inexpensive that I decided to just go for it rather than run around in circles trying to decide on the "perfect" design. If I end up not liking it I"ll cut up more metal and redesign it. :)

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I'm fixin to fabricate jerry can holders / Rotopax off of the new trailer hitch receiver and I think some Quickfists just earned a spot in there somewhere - thanks for showing them off! I'm circling around the drain on the design... Want something swing out so I don't have to pull everything off to get into the back of the Jeep.
They are cheap enough to try out. Like I told Mike above, I was running around in circles trying to figure out the perfect setup and getting nowhere. So I decided to just try something knowing I could always change it later.

Reactions: Ubiety

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks Mike! I just used some flat steel and cut it to size (18v angle grinder). I think I got that bar at Home Depot but ACE in town has a good selection as well. The materials are so inexpensive that I decided to just go for it rather than run around in circles trying to decide on the "perfect" design. If I end up not liking it I"ll cut up more metal and redesign it. :)
Yeah I’ve gotta get another angle grinder! I have a good Mikita but the lock nut went missing! I was going to do the same thing, 36” of 3/16 bar stock at Ace is only $9.99. I’ll try to jury rig a makeshift lock bolt! Wish me luck.

Reactions: Ubiety and JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Yeah I’ve gotta get another angle grinder! I have a good Mikita but the lock nut went missing! I was going to do the same thing, 36” of 3/16 bar stock at Ace is only $9.99. I’ll try to jury rig a makeshift lock bolt! Wish me luck.
Eager to see what you come up with. ACE is THE place to find a great selection of jerryriggin material. lol

I think the lock nut on my 120v Ryobi is still on it. I've been using my 18v instead. I have to run down to Auburn tomorrow if you want to borrow it while I'm in Moab.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
They are cheap enough to try out. Like I told Mike above, I was running around in circles trying to figure out the perfect setup and getting nowhere. So I decided to just try something knowing I could always change it later.
The beauty of DIY - if it does not work you can always have a redo! Axe packs flat enough but a full size shovel just does not fit well in the Jeep due to its weird shape and scratches the interior if you are not careful. Would be good to get it outside and the new rack would be a great spot for both.

Reactions: JCWages

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Eager to see what you come up with. ACE is THE place to find a great selection of jerryriggin material. lol

I think the lock nut on my 120v Ryobi is still on it. I've been using my 18v instead. I have to run down to Auburn tomorrow if you want to borrow it while I'm in Moab.
Yeah that would be cool, when do you go to Moab? I would only need it for a day or so.

bfoster

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saint Johns, FL, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Foster
Member #

I _like_ the use of space for your hi lift - been pondering what I could stuff up near the roof in mine. Stumbled on three coat hanger doo-dads that cam with my Jeep and maybe using them to hang a bungee net to stuff some loose stuff into... I am pondering lift kits but am pretty bewildered by the choices available - any advice and/or sales pitch why you went with the Rock Krawler? Thanks!
Hi Greg-

Mostly reputation and advice from a couple of more knowledgeable friends, it came down to RK or Metal Cloak in the end. This kit is overkill for my needs but I guess I've always been that guy that would rather have it and not need it.

My first choice when I bought the Jeep was to just get the Mopar 2" lift done at the dealership and call it a day but they were and apparently still are having issues with spring bowing.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Mostly reputation and advice from a couple of more knowledgeable friends, it came down to RK or Metal Cloak in the end. This kit is overkill for my needs but I guess I've always been that guy that would rather have it and not need it.
Thanks! I have looked at MetalCloak and they are on the list; will check out the Rock Krawler lifts.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Got the Redarc tow-pro elite installed today. Extremely happy with it so far. Extremely easy I stall and love the location and factory (ish) look with not having a block of plastic ( standard brake controller) hanging off under the dash. IMG_20190427_131319.jpeg

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign