Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks man!

On that note.
I mounted a superstrut utility rail on the work truck today and stuck the XBULL traction boards on it and "secured" it with a cable lock.

My bracket mounting solution.
That looks really good and takes up next to no room.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

That looks really good and takes up next to no room.
Aye, the idea was to keep them out of the way and more importantly out of the back seat where they usually live. Sometimes office staff use the truck or we have to carry guests and having to remove gear for passengers is a pain for non-stewardship staff. I'm going to add another rail to hold fuel cans and hands tools and a lockable ammo can for recovery gear. Makes it easy to store stuff and just as easy to remove or lock down to reduce the risk of theft.

I found a great thread on a Tundra forum for DIY utility rails. Forums are great! :)

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Aye, the idea was to keep them out of the way and more importantly out of the back seat where they usually live. Sometimes office staff use the truck or we have to carry guests and having to remove gear for passengers is a pain for non-stewardship staff. I'm going to add another rail to hold fuel cans and hands tools and a lockable ammo can for recovery gear. Makes it easy to store stuff and just as easy to remove or lock down to reduce the risk of theft.

I found a great thread on a Tundra forum for DIY utility rails. Forums are great! :)
Yeah, I check on a bunch of forums; 4Runner, Tacoma, FJ, it doesn’t matter. If I find something I like and the install is different I’ll figure out something!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Yeah, I check on a bunch of forums; 4Runner, Tacoma, FJ, it doesn’t matter. If I find something I like and the install is different I’ll figure out something!
I like the YouTubes for figuring out how others have installed something - good visual reference.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I installed up down air system on my truck this weekend View attachment 95046
Nice looking rig! Especially like the rear window! Does that rear rack swing to allow easy access to the rear? Got my trailer hitch receiver installed last weekend and am planning on building a similar rear rack. Would love to see more pics.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I like the YouTubes for figuring out how others have installed something - good visual reference.
Oh yeah, I love You Tube University!!!! Generally you can find anything on it!

Red_Rock_Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Breitenstein
Member #

Nice looking rig! Especially like the rear window! Does that rear rack swing to allow easy access to the rear? Got my trailer hitch receiver installed last weekend and am planning on building a similar rear rack. Would love to see more pics.
Thanks and yes it's a swing out bumper metal tech red eye bumper . It sticks out quite a bit when it's open Definitely gets in the way of my trailer there are a few different swing out bumpers out there
20181101_171446.jpeg

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Got the bugshield and window vents fitted, more parts will be added over the next few months, and I'm thinking about either getting the interior re-trimmed with a more "custom" look or to get the exterior resprayed in the factory colors next year.

View attachment 95103

View attachment 95104
Nevermind that, tell me about that sexy RD1 CR-V in the background! :P j/k

How do you find those clip on mirrors? Do they help with technical driving? I've been seeing a lot of them around lately and I was wondering.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I just swapped out my stock wheels, tires, suspension and leaf springs.

Bilstein 6112's upfront on highest setting

Bilstein 5160's in the rear

OME Dakar leaf springs (stock shackles)

17" Fuel Zephyr wheels +1mm offset

295 70/R17 Cooper S/T Maxx tires
Looks great!

Reactions: Mr.Cade

bfoster

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saint Johns, FL, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Nothing crazy today. I installed a Warn winch guard, originally I had the Mopar guard but it was too tight against the winch for my liking. I also installed the tailgate reinforcement bracket and over sized spare tire mount gizmo. After taking that 35" tire off and on about 4 times I am definitely reconsidering 37s. :tearsofjoy:
Also installed my CB antenna mount

95213 95214 95215 95216 95217

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Made brackets to hold Quickfists for a shovel and axe. I had to move the tie down rings to the lower holes and because these are Silverado rings instead of Colorado rings the plate is square instead of rectangular so it was too long (vertically) to sit flat against the wall. I had to trim off 1/2" off the bottom. The alignment of the tools isn't how I'd like it but I'll adjust them after or during my Moab trip once I see how all my gear fits.

I replaced the worn velcro straps on my RTT. The VELCRO wasn't holding anymore and on my last camping trip I had to place zipties around the straps to keep them in place.