Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

Yesterday I installed a new rear suspension in my Tacoma. All-Pro Offroad Expedition series 3" springs, Trail Gear U-bolt flip kit and extended brake lines with Bilstein 5125 series shocks. Going to be a HUGE improvement over what I had. Now to get it loaded up with gear and go out to stress test it. As of now the front suspension is factory springs with Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts set to max (2.5inch) lift. In the future I'll be adding 3" coils with the struts set at .5' lift. But for now, what little extra cash I have needs to go to a new set of BFG's.

See y'all on the trails.
. 100_3588.JPG100_3586.JPG

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bought some rock sliders and frame brackets from JCR, today! The rock sliders are the Classic powder coated sliders. The brackets, really help your bumper stay on your Jeep XJ with a hard pull! Having the uni- body construction on the XJ you need the extra strength. This bracket also helps with the steering box and give more strength too. Vance.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I finally got around to extending the wire harness for my hood mounted ditch lights. The harness wasn't long enough to tuck under the cowl and reach the passenger side light. I had it run against the firewall and ziptied to the AC lines which looked janky. I didn't wire loom or heat shrink large enought to fit 2 14ga wires so I twisted them together like we used to do for complicated car alarm installs. It came out nice and clean although you'll never see it under the cowl. :)

Before

After

I decided to mount the Arkon tablet arm to the transmission tunnel. I didn't feel like modifying the passenger seat bracket to try and make a mount. Once I get the bar shaped the way I want I will try to stiffen it up by adding another length of metal inside the loom and then pin it to point higher up on the console with a clamp. It's currently very sturdy but the tablet wobbles a lot if that make sense.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Several mods to my 2004 TJ Rubicon this weekend:
Poison Spyder hood louver