Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Bought 4 new stock size tires and 4 new floor mats.

Apparently getting 1 more 235/60-17 Toyo Open Country A/T tire was impossible as those are no longer in production, so I had to settle for 215/65-16 Toyo CF2 SUV tires (might be going bigger next year anyway)

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Spent the afternoon on a friend's property and at a local park cleaning up litter. Something a bit different than the "typical" overlanding stuff!

All in all, we collected 8 bags worth of trash, most of it was illegally dumped on or near protected marsh/bog land.

Took a detour around the protected marsh, but the ground was still a mess. Got stuck at one point, but the traction pads fixed that in seconds. Definitely my favourite recovery tool.

All in all, a good way to help out my friend, help clean up the community, and a good excuse to get the Subie dirty. ;)

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Got my chase lights wired in. They are Lamphus planarflash 6w units with all Amber led. I really like Lamphus as a product and have used them many times on work vehicles. The nice thing about this model is that it has a constant burn switch. So flash during day and constant burn at night. Sorry no pictures of the lights on since it still daylight out lol. IMG_20190318_153935.jpegIMG_20190318_153937.jpegIMG_20190318_154145.jpeg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well didn’t want to pay like $70.00 bucks for the FronT Runner magnet antenna mount, so I made my own out of a Simpson strong tie, black spray paint and two M8 bolts & nylock nuts! Cost $7.00....

IMG_9026.JPGIMG_9023.JPGIMG_9024.JPGIMG_9025.JPG

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Spent the afternoon on a friend's property and at a local park cleaning up litter. Something a bit different than the "typical" overlanding stuff!

All in all, we collected 8 bags worth of trash, most of it was illegally dumped on or near protected marsh/bog land.

Took a detour around the protected marsh, but the ground was still a mess. Got stuck at one point, but the traction pads fixed that in seconds. Definitely my favourite recovery tool.

All in all, a good way to help out my friend, help clean up the community, and a good excuse to get the Subie dirty. ;)
Great work!

Reactions: Baipin

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

We put new weather tech floor liners in the back of our jeep and new door sills on since our last ones didn't stick. We installed the rough country ones, which are definitely better than the other ones we had on. Fingers crossed they last forever, especially with kids.

Attachments

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I just ordered an ARB deluxe Bull bar front bumper. Next is some bolt on sliders for rocker and side protection. Also, some Rigid/ Trucklite headlights! The list never seems to end! I will say that I have been on borrowed time not running with sliders! Damage done to the sides and The unibody construction of the XJ can stop you fast. Making the XJ an unsafe vehicle to drive. Vance.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I just ordered an ARB deluxe Bull bar front bumper. Next is some bolt on sliders for rocker and side protection. Also, some Rigid/ Trucklite headlights! The list never seems to end! I will say that I have been on borrowed time not running with sliders! Damage done to the sides and The unibody construction of the XJ can stop you fast. Making the XJ an unsafe vehicle to drive. Vance.
Yes the list never gets shorter!!! Now I am looking into front & rear lockers and a rear gear, from 3:73 to 4:88.. Then I'm looking at front and rear bumpers, winch, 315 / 70/ 17's, compressor, etc, etc, etc...

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Started going through some of my light weight Fly gear, on the top of one of my Jeeps! Does that count? Vance.
Yes the list never gets shorter!!! Now I am looking into front & rear lockers and a rear gear, from 3:73 to 4:88.. Then I'm looking at front and rear bumpers, winch, 315 / 70/ 17's, compressor, etc, etc, etc...
with that list, you will have one sweet ride when you are done! Vance.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Started going through some of my light weight Fly gear, on the top of one of my Jeeps! Does that count? Vance.

with that list, you will have one sweet ride when you are done! Vance.
Yes very nice, but expensive!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

John~SWNM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

Yesterday I installed a new rear suspension in my Tacoma. All-Pro Offroad Expedition series 3" springs, Trail Gear U-bolt flip kit and extended brake lines with Bilstein 5125 series shocks. Going to be a HUGE improvement over what I had. Now to get it loaded up with gear and go out to stress test it. As of now the front suspension is factory springs with Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts set to max (2.5inch) lift. In the future I'll be adding 3" coils with the struts set at .5' lift. But for now, what little extra cash I have needs to go to a new set of BFG's.

See y'all on the trails.
. 100_3588.JPG100_3586.JPG

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bought some rock sliders and frame brackets from JCR, today! The rock sliders are the Classic powder coated sliders. The brackets, really help your bumper stay on your Jeep XJ with a hard pull! Having the uni- body construction on the XJ you need the extra strength. This bracket also helps with the steering box and give more strength too. Vance.