What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Mounted on on my trailer, great tool box. Like you I bolted one side to make it hinged. Enjoy. Cool idea.
That is real ingenious idea ... just gave me idea how I can store my hand gun's in the trunk compartment. This may be an easy solution to stay in compliance with other state laws as I travel through them. Now that I'm thinking about I mount two on each side one for the GPS devices and handheld radios but convert the inside can into a Faraday compartment. I'm curious have you finished the install since this post?

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I finally got around to mounting a light bar that I purchased a while back onto the front roof rack mounts. It came with a cover that I sprayed flat black to match everything else on the truck. I really like that the lightbar practically disappears when the cover is on. Also installed four flood lights on the corners of the rear roof rack along with a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform.View attachment 83070 View attachment 83071 View attachment 83072 View attachment 83073
Looks Great!!

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

You know you spend too much time looking at overlanding rigs when you start seeing overlanding gear on vehicles that are clearly not overlanders....

Driving through downtown Sacramento yesterday morning I saw an SUV about 20 cars ahead of me and from that distance I thought I saw a big roof top tent and a Trasharoo hanging off the back end. As I closed the distance it was clear I was wrong and then I just thought, WTF? lol

So I went home and cleaned out my truck because... :)
LOL!! That's to FUNNY!!!

Swag Engineer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Thanks :D It was pretty fun. I love discovering more of the mountain back country around here. I'm kind of kicking myself a little bit for not trying to the water crossing, but it's one of the basic foundational rules of off roading not to go solo when things get dicey, so really it was probably the right call from that perspective.
Yeah, I often go solo, so I really temper what I try to do with the realization that I am alone. With that in mind though, I still push my 4 runner and often have to air down or get out the hi lift to "unstuck" myself.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Technically I haven't done anything because I'm Afghanistan however I just ordered Morimoto 10-19 Toyota 4Runner Amber LED Fog Lights from Kustom 54 Lighting Part Number:161-2-2-2. It will be another 3 months before I can install them when I return home, I'll update the post after the install.
http://kustom54lighting.com/10-19-Toyota-4Runner-Amber-LED-Fog-Lights-IN-STOCK-LIMITED-QUANTITY_p_354.html
Nice! I'm cheap so I just replaced my white JDM Astar LEDs with yellow. I mainly just need them to illuminate deer on the side of the road in my neighborhood. Eventually I'll spring for ditch lights and those Morimotos.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Nice! I'm cheap so I just replaced my white JDM Astar LEDs with yellow. I mainly just need them to illuminate deer on the side of the road in my neighborhood. Eventually I'll spring for ditch lights and those Morimotos.

Believe me I was struggling with the idea of spending the money but I said what the heck. If I don't do it now I'll kick myself in the butt later when I'm broke! Besides my wife can't complain to much she drives it more than I get too.

Reactions: JCWages

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Technically I haven't done anything because I'm Afghanistan however I just ordered Morimoto 10-19 Toyota 4Runner Amber LED Fog Lights from Kustom 54 Lighting Part Number:161-2-2-2. It will be another 3 months before I can install them when I return home, I'll update the post after the install.View attachment 83346 View attachment 83347 View attachment 83348

http://kustom54lighting.com/10-19-Toyota-4Runner-Amber-LED-Fog-Lights-IN-STOCK-LIMITED-QUANTITY_p_354.html
Looking at the lights, they look awesome. Are there any clear benefits of the amber colour over clear for Fog?
I know in Europe “France “ they used amber headlights in the 50’s to the 80’s

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Looking at the lights, they look awesome. Are there any clear benefits of the amber colour over clear for Fog?
They do increase visibility at night, driving lights are for clear weather conditions. Many drivers assume all fog lights are yellow, but they don't have to be. The science behind the yellow tint is due to the wavelengths of light colors. Yellow light is a longer wavelength than blue or white light.

A real good detailed explanation can be found at the link below.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/r/advice/car-technology/everything-you-should-know-about-fog-lights

Reactions: Fozzy325

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

For me it was about reducing glare in wet weather and snow. Too much white foreground light also hurts distance night vision and may be uncomfortable to some drivers. It is kinda harsh. The yellow lights tone things down and I can still see deer just as well as with the white lights.

Reactions: Fozzy325

Swag Engineer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

On Sunday, I took Ice House Road (paved and plowed) to Loon Lake looking for some mild snow wheeling adventure. Most of the roads with snow were too deep for going solo. On the way back to Hwy 50, I took a side road and had some fun going up that.
On the way back down, the deep snow managed to disconnect my ATF cooler line and drain out enough ATF that I wasn't going anywhere. I have video and pictures in the link.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
On Sunday, I took Ice House Road (paved and plowed) to Loon Lake looking for some mild snow wheeling adventure. Most of the roads with snow were too deep for going solo. On the way back to Hwy 50, I took a side road and had some fun going up that.
On the way back down, the deep snow managed to disconnect my ATF cooler line and drain out enough ATF that I wasn't going anywhere. I have video and pictures in the link.
Sorry man. Sounds like it's time for some underside armor.

Jakeapclyps

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Gordo
Ran an extension cord to a box fan to put inside my new project jeep that i happened to leave the driver side window gapped last time i worked on it...4 days ago. luckily we've only had about 3 inches of rain since then so the driver and rear seat were thoroughly saturated. the lack of floor pan should really aid in the airflow.