Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
For my 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71...

Recently installed some ZR2 rock sliders and 2 OEM skids up front (ZR2 style but different lip on front plate).

With the air dam removed... this is how I wish it would have come standard from the factory. However, it only cost $320 for the used rock sliders (Like new) and $330 for the new plates after shipping and taxes. Not bad... for about 1.5hrs worth of work total.

InkedIMG_0888_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_0901_LI.jpg
IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

That is real ingenious idea ... just gave me idea how I can store my hand gun's in the trunk compartment. This may be an easy solution to stay in compliance with other state laws as I travel through them. Now that I'm thinking about I mount two on each side one for the GPS devices and handheld radios but convert the inside can into a Faraday compartment. I'm curious have you finished the install since this post?
I posted it in the trailer build section. A while back.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Jon Tyler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, Mo
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

Today I washed the road salt off of my rig and applied my new member badge. Tomorrow I look for replacement headrests for the missing rear ones.

lukes3415

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Townsville
Member #

It's Australia Day long weekend and instead of going away camping and overlanding. My rig is in pieces in the driveway as both rear wheel bearings and hubs have decided to go cactus on me. To make matters worst it's my daily driver and I'm a tradesman so I need it for work on Tuesday when I start my new job.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

It's Australia Day long weekend and instead of going away camping and overlanding. My rig is in pieces in the driveway as both rear wheel bearings and hubs have decided to go cactus on me. To make matters worst it's my daily driver and I'm a tradesman so I need it for work on Tuesday when I start my new job.
...OH Noooooooo ... Man that's tough ... Best of luck trying to get the rig right before Tuesday Brother!!

lukes3415

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Townsville
Member #

...OH Noooooooo ... Man that's tough ... Best of luck trying to get the rig right before Tuesday Brother!!
Thanks mate I've got another vehicle sorted for the day and my parts are getting into town Tuesday afternoon. So I think I will be having a long night of putting things back together again.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Yea it’s 1020 extruded aluminium. I would have liked to have built it with 1540 or better 2040
So the 15 series profile is based off of 1 1/2” overall dimensions? From the edge of the extrusion to the center is ¾”, and it is 1 ½” from the center to center of the t-slots. Whereas the 10 series profile is based off of 1” overall dimensions. From the edge of the extrusion to the center line is ½”, and it is 1” from the center to center of the t-slots. I'm assuming it has to do with the strength integrity and cost that swayed your decision 2040 Series being the strongest but more in cost and hardware.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

So the 15 series profile is based off of 1 1/2” overall dimensions? From the edge of the extrusion to the center is ¾”, and it is 1 ½” from the center to center of the t-slots. Whereas the 10 series profile is based off of 1” overall dimensions. From the edge of the extrusion to the center line is ½”, and it is 1” from the center to center of the t-slots. I'm assuming it has to do with the strength integrity and cost that swayed your decision 2040 Series being the strongest but more in cost and hardware.
Yes you are correct, cost was the major decision. And the application of it.

You have two choices metric or imperial sizing,
Metric 10 series is 10mm / 15 series = 15mm / 20 series = 20mm
All the parts are M4/M5/M6 etc series fittings,
Imperial 10 series = 1 inch / 15 series = 1.5 inch and 20 series = 2 inches
All fittings are imperial but both metric and imperial bolts are hex bolts, metric and imperial hex sizes

First number is the thickness
The second number is the width so 1040 is 1”thick x 4” wide x your desired length.