Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Time, It was going to take a lot longer for the parts to come in and I had to get home.

Reactions: tsteb112

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Spent the week in Death Valley. Got a few trails in..then broke an axle in Dedeckera Canyon and spent the rest of the week finding, getting, and swapping a whole rear end assembly. Thanks brother to saving my keaster.
Sorry bro, hopefully you still have fun

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Robert Jordan
I installed a couple USB ports in the center console of the FJ. Nothing too crazy just something that needed doing haha.
How do you like that QC 3.0 one? Was looking for one of them for my SO's car to power her new Wireless charging mount. Does it actually charge your devices at full power? If so do you remember where you picked it up?

Boort

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

@Robert Jordan

How do you like that QC 3.0 one? Was looking for one of them for my SO's car to power her new Wireless charging mount. Does it actually charge your devices at full power? If so do you remember where you picked it up?

Boort
Here is a link to it. It works flawlessly and absolutely does perform at rapid charge levels providing your device is QC 3.0 compliant with a USB 3.0 cable.

Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger...

Last edited:
Reactions: Boort

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
View attachment 80680 not today, but over the break I drove from Detroit to Northern New Mexico! I’m sure this forum has a few former Eagle Scouts, so where am I?
Comoran,

Philmont Scout Ranch just SW of Cimmaron, NM :)........ I imagine that my boots have rotted to dust by now.
Eagle Scout 1975

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

I’ve done a couple of big things between Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations. Just finished everything up today.

First, I painted my wheels black, including spare. They’re not perfect, but it looks simple and clean, and I like black wheels. I don’t have a pic with all the wheels painted on the vehicle, but the ideas there.
IMG_2745.jpg
IMG_2742.jpg

Next I did a drawer system for the rear cargo area. Just finished today. I’ll be doing an extension to take the place of the 40% portion of the second row bench seat, at the same height as the rear cargo area. That will be a separate project though.
IMG_2872.jpg
IMG_2871.jpgIMG_2862.jpgIMG_2863.jpgIMG_2864.jpgIMG_2869.jpg

Super happy with how the drawer system turned out. Finally all my tools and emergency gear is tucked away and not floating around the rig anymore.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I’ve done a couple of big things between Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations. Just finished everything up today.

First, I painted my wheels black, including spare. They’re not perfect, but it looks simple and clean, and I like black wheels. I don’t have a pic with all the wheels painted on the vehicle, but the ideas there.
View attachment 80948
View attachment 80949

Next I did a drawer system for the rear cargo area. Just finished today. I’ll be doing an extension to take the place of the 40% portion of the second row bench seat, at the same height as the rear cargo area. That will be a separate project though.
View attachment 80951
View attachment 80952View attachment 80953View attachment 80954View attachment 80955View attachment 80956

Super happy with how the drawer system turned out. Finally all my tools and emergency gear is tucked away and not floating around the rig anymore.
The drawers look great. Good clean lines.

Reactions: Ben Cleveland

8yearsglobal

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

?
First Name
Bronson
Last Name
Mills
Member #

We did absolutely nothing fun with our rig today. Before heading to Mexico, we found diesel in the coolant. We were already planning to Delete the EGR, switch to Cat 1 ELC coolant, replace the oil cooler and add a coolant filter before heading towards South America. Now we had to add new heads to the mix. Rough way to start the new year. Still planning to head to Baja in a couple of weeks once all the work is done. It is what it is. At least we will have a clean bill of health. We're also lucky that my wife's brother lived nearby when we found the issue because the ambo is our family's full time residence and this is going to take awhile.

upload_2019-1-4_19-6-45.png

upload_2019-1-4_19-7-53.png

upload_2019-1-4_19-8-28.png

upload_2019-1-4_19-8-58.png