What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Well, I didn't actually have any physical upgrades but, I did get a quote from 4 Wheel Parts out of Raleigh NC today for ICON Stage 2 Suspension System w/ Upper Control Arms, 1.25" Wheel Spacers, LT285/70R17 LRE A/T II Tires and APEX Rock Sliders all installed, alignments and services out the door for $5968. Yep, that's allot of cash so it won't be till April time frame before this is completed.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Installed Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery System with new Odyssey Group 35’s in the 4Runner, and ran power supply to rear for future refrigerator.
Very nice job

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Sakerdave
Installed Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery System with new Odyssey Group 35’s in the 4Runner, and ran power supply to rear for future refrigerator.
Looking good. Do you have a build thread with more details about the process? I've been weighing options and considering the the Off Grid kit for my 4th Gen. Not sure If I want to DIY the install of get it done, so I'm interested in what it took to install, time and any gotchas you encountered. Any non-standard tools required...?

Boort

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Well, I didn't actually have any physical upgrades but, I did get a quote from 4 Wheel Parts out of Raleigh NC today for ICON Stage 2 Suspension System w/ Upper Control Arms, 1.25" Wheel Spacers, LT285/70R17 LRE A/T II Tires and APEX Rock Sliders all installed, alignments and services out the door for $5968. Yep, that's allot of cash so it won't be till April time frame before this is completed.
Wow that’s a lot of cash for all that. Was that just parts or labor too?

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

That includes all the labor unfortunately I'm not that mechanically inclined to do it myself. It will be at least 3 months before I save enough to have it started but, its something to look forward too.

Reactions: KDC

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
That includes all the labor unfortunately I'm not that mechanically inclined to do it myself. It will be at least 3 months before I save enough to have it started but, its something to look forward too.
There are some off-road clubs in the Raleigh area that I’m sure could lend a hand. I’m in Greenville NC. It’s always fun to learn how to do it because if something breaks on the trail you’ll know how to fix it. Plus it’ll save you money

Sakerdave

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma City, OK
Member #

@Sakerdave

Looking good. Do you have a build thread with more details about the process? I've been weighing options and considering the the Off Grid kit for my 4th Gen. Not sure If I want to DIY the install of get it done, so I'm interested in what it took to install, time and any gotchas you encountered. Any non-standard tools required...?

Boort
The install was really straightforward. One clamp to remove to push a factory harness out of the way of the auxiliary tray. One hood release cable bracket to remove to clear room for the ACR on the starter battery tray. Both were addressed in the instructions. All cables are provided with quality terminals.
Really easy, clean install. The trays are top quality (almost too nice to hide under batteries), and cables were well made and perfect length.
I would recommend doing this installation yourself. Just take your time and follow the provided wiring diagram. No special tools required.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Spent the week in Death Valley. Got a few trails in..then broke an axle in Dedeckera Canyon and spent the rest of the week finding, getting, and swapping a whole rear end assembly. Thanks brother to saving my keaster.

Attachments

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Spent the week in Death Valley. Got a few trails in..then broke an axle in Dedeckera Canyon and spent the rest of the week finding, getting, and swapping a whole rear end assembly. Thanks brother to saving my keaster.
Did you mess up the carrier as well? Why couldn’t you just replace the shaft