Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Added some protection up front after a run in with a high schooler and later that week a mule deer, I have to add 2 gussets to the frame and it will be ridiculous, it's solid and will protect OX from the speed bumps out there. Also found a winch plate that will carry my 12.5k winch just need to install all the parts, and for those in the know, I am still dealing with the fallout from my supercharger failure, CEL is still popping on after 65 mph. OX still running great but she will be getting a major tune up this spring. Wish me luck. See you all on the road.IMG_20181018_144128508_HDR.jpeg

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I will. Just finished phase one which entailed removing a gazillion bolts and clips so could remove bumper, etc. Next up is cutting the plastic bumper.
View attachment 72482View attachment 72483View attachment 72484
So RESPECT goes out to all you car folk and do-it-yourselfers that work on your Rigs. I think I'll stick to doing things to the interior of the rig from now on. This was the most nerve wracking much less boo-boo inducing install I've done. My hats off to all of you do things like this for a living. However, the bumper, light bar and winch are installed. I still need to hook the switch for light bar though....tomorrow. 20181018_161546.jpeg

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

So RESPECT goes out to all you car folk and do-it-yourselfers that work on your Rigs. I think I'll stick to doing things to the interior of the rig from now on. This was the most nerve wracking much less boo-boo inducing install I've done. My hats off to all of you do things like this for a living. However, the bumper, light bar and winch are installed. I still need to hook the switch for light bar though....tomorrow. View attachment 72964
Good job!
That's how it starts, with the first nerve wrecking install. Then everythink is easier.

Dunewheeler12

Rank III

Traveler I

Reinstalled my carpet inside my Jeep. I've always taken the carpet out of all of my Jeeps, but for some reason recently I wanted to go back to a carpeted interior. Maybe I'm getting older and appreciate the additional sound dampening. It definitely makes it a bit quieter inside.
Look in to bedtred man is great come by and check mine out if u want to

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
Installed my Smittybilt bumper/tire carrier the other day but finally bought the shackles for it today. I love the look of it and it seems to be extremely solid but it was a b**** to install. The holes didn't line up well so we had to use some ratchet straps to actually bend, or more than likely probably straighten, the bumper(just about a half inch) so the holes would line up. One of the holes for the built in hitch was drilled about a half inch off but I didn't discover that until it was too late so I guess I'll just live with it until the next time the bumper has to come off. The only thing I really ever use the hitch for is a cargo basket for when we go on trips so it's not a big deal for me.Resized_IMG_20181018_161742_1064~2.jpeg

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Installed my Smittybilt bumper/tire carrier the other day but finally bought the shackles for it today. I love the look of it and it seems to be extremely solid but it was a b**** to install. The holes didn't line up well so we had to use some ratchet straps to actually bend, or more than likely probably straighten, the bumper(just about a half inch) so the holes would line up. One of the holes for the built in hitch was drilled about a half inch off but I didn't discover that until it was too late so I guess I'll just live with it until the next time the bumper has to come off. The only thing I really ever use the hitch for is a cargo basket for when we go on trips so it's not a big deal for me.View attachment 73004
I feel your pain on the install. I have had similar issues with bumpers not being lined up with the holes for install. A recent exception was the RCI rock sliders I installed on the T4R. It was obvious a lot of care was taken to ensure proper fit. The biggest issue was the KDSS system on the drivers side because the hydraulic lines run along the frame rail and the slider has to slide in behind them. Once I got that figured out it was a piece of cake.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

redneckcrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Haughton, LA
Started the packing process. We leave next Sunday for a week long trip. I won't have time during the week due to work and Friday and Saturday are gonna be busy with my nieces wedding, so I'll have most everything packed up by tomorrow. All I will have to do is throw our clothes in the truck and load up the roof. Fun times.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding