• HTML tutorial

True North

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, California
Member #

@True North

Difference was likely shipping weight. I got a quote from them before I built mine and IIRC they quoted shipping weight rather than installed weight. Was that 97lbs per drawer or for the full system, with flaps etc...?

Boort
Ah, that could make sense. It was 97lbs for the full system, but not including the optional drawer dividers (maybe 1-2lbs at most depending on personal configuration). I also did not include the weight on the tie down straps or the metal tie down rods which could be another 2lbs?

Reactions: Boort

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bought a couple of things needed to make my Overland trips better. Spring Eye Bolts for the frame end of the control arms on my 95’ Jeep XJ. 9/16” x 4.5” Grade 8 with locking nut. J.T. Brooks, automatic Tire Deflators. Then on order, JK, ARB Compressor Under Seat Mounting Kit. Benz.
40EF6FEF-DF73-4954-92D9-E455C3BF2A90.jpeg

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hooked up my trailer to my new rig.
You edited it but when i first saw your message you had a message about a converter, just wanted to give you a heads up that if your trailer has brakes they won't work in case you didn't already know that (i assume you do, but for safety i'm calling it out just in case)

That truck is slick looking, and so is your trailer! Time for a new screen name? vegas4runnerguy? vegasjeepand4runnerguy?

Reactions: MazeVX

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

You edited it but when i first saw your message you had a message about a converter, just wanted to give you a heads up that if your trailer has brakes they won't work in case you didn't already know that (i assume you do, but for safety i'm calling it out just in case)

That truck is slick looking, and so is your trailer! Time for a new screen name? vegas4runnerguy? vegasjeepand4runnerguy?
No brakes...no worries. And I’ve been vegasjeepguy since /000 so I don’t see that changing. I’ll let my wife think the 4Runner is hers.

Ohhhgeee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona de Tucson, Arizona, United States
First Name
Oscar
Last Name
Guerrero
Member #

How much modifications did you need to do?
I had to trim the upper lip to the shape of my bed/camper, get new plywood to extend the middle platform and because the Tacoma bed is shorter I still have to make covers to plug up holes in the front of the bed. It’s all very minor. For $100 plus $30 for a new sheet of 1/2 inch plywood, I think I made out pretty good. IMG_8301.JPG