Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge because the electronic oil pressure gauge has become the bane of my existence on this Jeep project.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Bought a 13 lbs fire extinguisher, a 10L plastic fuel can, a new tow strap rated at 11000 lbs, and got some good quality work gloves, am slowly crossing things off the list of "things I want in the car" more items will be added once I have saved up more money.

Reactions: NightCrawler

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Springs installed, they say 1/4" in the front and 1/2" in the rear but right now I am at another full 1". These things need to settle a bit. But I do like the ride. Anone know of chamber adjusters other than stock? When they aligned the car they said I was maxed out. I will have it redone when she sets a bit.

w: Springs 1.JPG
front
w: Springs front.JPG
rear
w: Springs rear.jpg

I will be removing rear sway bar next. Need some more articulation in this baby.

Reactions: rlhydn and Jimmy P

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Springs installed, they say 1/4" in the front and 1/2" in the rear but right now I am at another full 1". These things need to settle a bit. But I do like the ride. Anone know of chamber adjusters other than stock? When they aligned the car they said I was maxed out. I will have it redone when she sets a bit.

View attachment 36925
front
View attachment 36926
rear
View attachment 36927

I will be removing rear sway bar next. Need some more articulation in this baby.
Gatekeeper won't be keeping you out the next trip. Are you going to up tire size?

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Claymore F.T.E.

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Orange Beach, AL
Member #

We installed a battery powered led over the rear hatch in the JK. $7 bucks at Harbor Freight.

Nothing big but its bothered me for 2 years not having a light at the rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
Great idea. I don't know how many times I've walked around to the passenger door and opened it just to turn on the lights again.

OB#7439

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Been fighting a misfire cylinder 5 (chevy 350) all week. New wires, cap, rotor, spark plugs and coil. Running some good old BG 44K fuel system cleaner through the system right now. Not sure what else to chase. I doubt the valves are damaged, its never overheated or come close to getting too hot. Anyone got any ideas or experience?

It's always ran like a champ and smooth as could be until this started, now it's just driving me nuts.

OB# 3805

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Great idea. I don't know how many times I've walked around to the passenger door and opened it just to turn on the lights again.

OB#7439
Hey Claymore F.T.E.
Here is a picture of the light at night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

View attachment 36925
front
View attachment 36926
rear
View attachment 36927

Looks good!! To add camber, the upper strut bolt holes can be slotted inwards with a die grinder or dremmel tool, but I'd let it settles a bit for sure.

OB#3799

Reactions: Terry Pickens

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

For those who owns disco 2's, if you have to replace the coils, they are conveniently located at the back of the engine behind the intake against the firewall. Sadly I've gotten good at doing this swap, 20 minutes and it's out. If I wasn't in a crunch for time I would relocate them.IMG_20171012_191756.jpgIMG_20171012_191840.jpgIMG_20171012_192745.jpg

OB#3799

Reactions: Jimmy P and Hafaday