What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

For those who owns disco 2's, if you have to replace the coils, they are conveniently located at the back of the engine behind the intake against the firewall. Sadly I've gotten good at doing this swap, 20 minutes and it's out. If I wasn't in a crunch for time I would relocate them.View attachment 37052View attachment 37053View attachment 37054

OB#3799
New coil was waiting on me when I got home... purring like a kitten...TRIP BACK ON!!!!

OB#3799

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
In Central California...Took the top and doors off my Jeep Wrangler. Going to Bald Mountain tomorrow out of Fresno County to take some boys from a local at-risk program up to the top. It's a blissful trip with the opportunity to share in Christ, talk about hope and give the young men the ride of their life. Many of them have never been to the mountains before....The looks on their faces is priceless.

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Been fighting a misfire cylinder 5 (chevy 350) all week. New wires, cap, rotor, spark plugs and coil. Running some good old BG 44K fuel system cleaner through the system right now. Not sure what else to chase. I doubt the valves are damaged, its never overheated or come close to getting too hot. Anyone got any ideas or experience?

It's always ran like a champ and smooth as could be until this started, now it's just driving me nuts.

OB# 3805
How many miles on that engine? Losing any coolant? Since you've changed everything but the injectors out, could be a small head gasket leak.

OB#3799

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
201K, no coolant leak. I'm hoping no head work, but I want to be sure before I start into that costly repair. Injectors could be a possibility, expecially if they are the orgianlly spider injectors, which I need to figure out. Going to check for vacuum leaks tomorrow and do a leak down test. That should give me some good ideas.

OB# 3805

Reactions: MS_Disco

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan
Replaced the sploded hinges on my hard top lift gate with new stainless ones. I have a back window again, not just black plastic garbage bag!

Traveler I

US
It's finally home from the shop with most of the engine replaced. Between that and the new trans a year ago, hoping it won't give me any trouble for a while. All clean and shiny, time to start the build then get it out in the mud!
Next up: RTT, drawer-style kitchen and storage in the back, and a little more tire. It's on some great snow tires, but San Francisco isn't really known for its frigid winters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Got one more camping trip before it gets too cold for family.

Yet it did snow a little so gave my wife and kids a hard time saying we've been winter camping now so we can keep going all season.

The fall colors are awesome right now.

OB# 3805

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I have been busy winterizing my teardrop. I cleaned it out and vacuumed. I packed up the sleeping bags, put the trickle charger on the battery, and drained the water. I made sure the master shut off valve for the propane was closed. I wheeled it in the garage and put it up against the wall to maximize space.

It has snowed twice here already. It is blowing a sustained 70mph outside. The leaves are going sideways. Looks like it is going to be a short fall and jump right into winter.

I am replacing a rear wheel bearing and seal on the XJ and measuring for building the brackets for rear discs on the D44s.

Last edited:

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

Have a Hard Rock steel front bumper on the way so tore off the old plastic bumper. Discovered the PO must have really hit something with the front end. Metal bent in under the bumper, but no damage to the plastic or foam, so I assume they replaced the front bumper. I'm waiting on test fitting the new bumper when it arrives to see whether I need to pull the bent metal out or not. Just more surprises when building up a 25 year old vehicle.

Reactions: khorsa

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

I run the Rock Hard Front / Rear bumpers and Rock Rails. They have held up in the Florida sun and heat very well. I have also beat the rock rails pretty hard. I have been very happy with them. James at RH is a great guy as well

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

I run the Rock Hard Front / Rear bumpers and Rock Rails. They have held up in the Florida sun and heat very well. I have also beat the rock rails pretty hard. I have been very happy with them. James at RH is a great guy as well
That's great to hear. I talked to a guy with them this morning as the bumper they show for my ZJ is on a ZJ with a slightly different grill so I gave them a call to ensure I could still install. They were great about it. I'm still working on getting my JCR rock rails installed as also the PO must have hit something else to bend the pinch seam under this unibody cluster F**k. Bending the pinch seam back out is a bugger.