Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Decided to take advantage of all the roof rack space. Added a Pelican case, and moved the traction devices over. WKs don't have a ton of interior space to work with. The case will be for waterproof storage of temporary equipment and camping gear.

Setup the GoalZero Yeti 400 to charge from the Jeep's built-in inverter while traveling.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Today my car passed its bi annual safety inspection (cars older than 4 years need a safety inspection every 2 years)

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

All parts arrived for dual battery set-up, Odyssey batteries, Off-Grid Engineering dual battery kit, and fuse/relay box. Install hopefully tomorrow. Sorry the pics are twistedView attachment 33232 View attachment 33233
Let me know your overall thoughts after install and some use. I've been considering this kit for along time. It's just really expensive.

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Highly recommend going with the Blue Sea 7622 ML-ACR instead, and rigging up your own cables.
It's not so much the cables as it is the cradle for the second battery. There aren't a lot of options out there for the Lexus GX when it comes to that. I can buy the cradle from him separately though.

Reactions: pl626

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Not to my rig directly, but my deflator wouldn't work on the trail ride last weekend. It wouldn't seat properly on the valve stem because I have the TPMS stems rather than the standard type. I popped the snap ring off and chucked it up in my little lathe and turned the section off the end that didn't have any threads in it. This allowed it to go down far enough on the valve stem to seal pretty good and it will now hold well enough that I can set a pressure rather than hoping I got it right as it leaked down around the threads.

I wish I could get a seal of some sort up inside of the threaded part of it so it would seal off better, but it is what it is I guess. At least I can use it now.