Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Camper power clean-up day:
• I don't have the ability to plug-in to 110 when the truck is parked/stored, so some battery maintenance is needed.
• Started with a slight house battery wiring nest.
• Separated the two batteries' wiring, to test each. Both tested good, just needing a good charge. Have two new batteries that get to stay in house on trickle charge, for awhile. SCORE :)
• Added military style terminals, for easier accessories adds.
• Installed external SAE solar connection, and charge controller, with line splitter to each battery.
• Using a 35w charger/maintainer solar panel, set on the roof. A 2nd panel, temp setup, charges the Odyssey starting battery.
• All working well, with a max charging voltage reading of 13.4v in today's hazy Seattle sun.

It was a good day.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
315/70/17 KO2s c rated slapped on to my stock rubi wheels. Gone are the stock mud tires. Do KO2s make me a legit overlander?

We will see how the 4.10 gearing works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: [DO]Ron

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

I had a radiator scare. We had a ton of rain a couple days ago and the wife took the Rubi during it to grab some groceries. Of course she had to splash through some deep water at who knows how fast. I went to drive it yesterday and after about ten minutes saw a lot of what I thought was smoke. I let it sit for a day and started it up today with no problem. I assume it was just steam from her stunt driving as the Jeep is driving like normal.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Scent Bombed the Rover with a Maguair's bomb, did wonders. Grabbed some ORW license plate frames from a friend, added 4 HP each vehicle!
The full sized Sierra desperately needed a brake job! So I got to work on that....nothing special, but does the job! IMG_3043.JPGIMG_3044.JPG

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Found out the Sierra has a bad rear wheel bearing. Next on the to-do list. All in the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Cleaned up the rig from last week's trip, de-plasticoted my hood in preps for a perminant decal, and started my "visited" state sticker collection...
IMG_20170807_175137.jpgIMG_20170807_175113.jpg

OB#3799

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I installed a power hub:

I use a lot of electric devices when I'm in camp. Many of these devises are from Goal Zero, GoPro, etc... they all require USB ports to charge. I decided today, to fix one of my frustrations when traveling. I add a USB power hub.
IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG

I chose the RAM Tough-HUB

6 qty 5v Powered USB 2.0 Ports
- 1 qty 10/100 MBPS Ethernet Port
- Threaded power input for 12-48 VDC input
- Materials used are Self Extinguishing
- Strain Relief connection points
- Ignition Trigger: The ignition trigger can be wired to the ignition of the vehicle (or other 12V ignition source) to provide a timed power shut off to the connected peripherals after the vehicle has been turned off. When the vehicle ignition is switched to off, the RAM Tough-HubTM continues to provide power to the connected peripherals for a pre set duration of time. This unique RAM feature keeps your connected devices powered for quick vehicle stops, avoiding any possible connectivity issues. The timed shut off can be preset for: 5, 15 and 45 minutes

I'm going to keep a little basket to keep all my devices, as I drive. I will do a review, once I have a couple trips under my belt.

Reactions: twiget

YPD1

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

yuma, az
Member #

IMG_4338.JPG IMG_4332.JPG IMG_4326.JPG IMG_4327.JPG IMG_4264.JPG So I finally got tired of waiting for Goose Gear to release a plate system for the FJ Cruiser which deletes one of the rear seats, and took it upon myself to make one. Made the platform out of wood and then had a local shop cover the entire thing in Line-X. Total cost about $62. Cost was really low because did not have to pay for the Line-X job.