• HTML tutorial

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Waxed the rig on the 4th

Many who have seen my past pics and vids know that I used a Porter Cable 7336 orbital sander for waxing my rigs.
Last year I cut the cord and picked up the Ryobi 18v lithium orbital sander.
I had to apply heavy duty Velcro to its backing plate, then the red Griots Garage waxing pads slap right on to it.

Gone also is the Griots claybar and claybar holder I use to use for claying the rig first before waxing.
Griots came out with a mitt you use along with their Speedshine or you can use water from your carwash bucket, and you wipe your rig with the mitt, does the same as using a claybar, only easier.
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/fine+surface+prep+mitt.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

Got up early, wiped the rig down with a wet towel, did the clay mitt thing, dried off the Speedshine, and went to town with the Ryobi.
Took a few hours to wax and then wipe the rig down, so much better than the old days of hand waxing.
Been using an orbital now for around 15 years or so.

And using the Ryobi is so much better than the Porter Cable since thee is no cord to get in the way.
It only has one speed though, but it is perfect for waxing.

Reactions: Scott K and Kelly

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

View attachment 28047 This was about 2 weeks ago actually, but I finally received and installed my MaxGear bumper, just a day before departing on a trip to Wyoming. Damn Trasharoo buckle broke during initial install, so it didn't make the trip, but it looks good in the pic...
Is that the new design license plate mount??? Interesting. Also, the trasharoo can be lashed on, but I do like the buckle for ease of removal and for cleaning when needed.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

If the '95 were a horse, I have to shoot it :-)
Dude WTF, after all that work, what happened that isn't repairable? Im really wondering now... hopefully it is not too hard to discuss but considering you brought it up, I take it as it is not. I understand the broken leg reference, but Im lost on this brother.

Reactions: Kelly

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Is that the new design license plate mount??? Interesting. Also, the trasharoo can be lashed on, but I do like the buckle for ease of removal and for cleaning when needed.
Not sure about "new" on the license plate mount... The pic didn't have the license plate mounted, but it's on the can carrier. The one problem with my order was that it was missing the license plate lights, but they're en route (as is a replacement T-Roo buckle).

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Not sure about "new" on the license plate mount... The pic didn't have the license plate mounted, but it's on the can carrier. The one problem with my order was that it was missing the license plate lights, but they're en route (as is a replacement T-Roo buckle).
Defiantly new design. The old design had the plat mount right to the carrier. Had some countersunk hard backwards thru the box then the plate was held by nylock nuts from the outside.

EDIT to add, your hinge nut is uber loose. Maybe it was just a fit check photo at the time. But just to be sure, thought I would throw it out.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I have posted anything in this thread, but I spent part of the day doing much-needed maintenance. I dropped my rock sliders, gas tank skid, and transfer case skids to clean and paint. There was so much dirt and mud caked into the skid plates. I just did this a little over a year ago, so a good lesson to take some time and clean your sliders/skids. Here are a few photos: