Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Pulled off this wierd ass clear sticker of the back of the car.. it was clear but underneeth were fingerprints and dirt so it looked crap.. Took me 30 min with a hairdryer heating it up and using a plastic tool to work it off..

Reactions: Kelly

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Had a complete antenna fail, I got tired of my mag mounts getting knocked off the roof, so I bought a pair of new antennas (firestik and tram dual band for gmrs). Tried putting them inside my softopper behind the cab, got all the holes drilled, made my cables, hooked my swr meter up to the CB and pegged it all channels. Cable is good, antenna is good, ground from the bracket is good, only thing I can guess is the signal is reflecting back into the antenna off the cab. It's a horrible spot but I just use this stuff in convoys. Anyway, back to the drawing board, lol. Finding homes for my antennas has been frustrating, wish I could do NMO's on the roof but the sunroof and rack kill that idea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Today was about flushing the cooling system and trying to work out why the Cruiser runs a bit hot with the aircon ON.
Something tells me it's not meant to look like that [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Fitted brighter headlight bulbs to my LandCruiser, what a pain in the... Had to remove the battery on the passenger side to access the back of the headlight.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S8 plus

Reactions: PinnaclePete

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I had to repair my antenna mount on the hatch. I'm running a 102" whip cut down to 54" for 6m use on it right now. While we were in town yesterday, my wife opened the hatch and the antenna came down into the rear door jam. When my daughter closed her door, it caught the antenna and before I could say anything, my wife closed the hatch, tearing the mount of it. It took a bit of time with the vice and some pliers to get it right and I drilled an extra set of clocking marks so I could lean the antenna back a bit and hopefully keep this from happening again.

Reactions: PS144ONE

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Grizzly got a new shovel and new motor & transmission mounts today. Because a lot of love will drive a long way , Off the grid !20170701_075540.jpg mors supplies waiting to be installed 20170702_075942.jpgGRIZZLY also got a new dashboard cover to protect from that Arizona 111 degrees Heat!20170703_181545.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Had a complete antenna fail, I got tired of my mag mounts getting knocked off the roof, so I bought a pair of new antennas (firestik and tram dual band for gmrs). Tried putting them inside my softopper behind the cab, got all the holes drilled, made my cables, hooked my swr meter up to the CB and pegged it all channels. Cable is good, antenna is good, ground from the bracket is good, only thing I can guess is the signal is reflecting back into the antenna off the cab. It's a horrible spot but I just use this stuff in convoys. Anyway, back to the drawing board, lol. Finding homes for my antennas has been frustrating, wish I could do NMO's on the roof but the sunroof and rack kill that idea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app
I have a 5 ft Firestik antenna on top of my Jeep which is about 7 ft tall at the top . looked up fold-down antenna mounts. It's a sleeve you pull up and then you can fold the antenna down . there not real expensive I ordered two of them. look into fold-down antenna mounts if you want to mount your antenna higher. You can probably go to your local CB shop and pick one up if not I ordered mine online. I keep my antenna folded down all the time when I'm ready to use it I folded up it locks into place20170702_082040.jpg20170702_082005.jpg

Reactions: PS144ONE and Spud