What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Slow_racer_218

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Jersey USA
Member #

I feel like a complete tard... Anyways.. still nice! Will be following your build, doing great already. My next build is going to be a truck, still thinking of how to do the rear (rack/ tonneau, shell, camper).
Thanks I need to start a build thread. Trucks are great for modding way too many options and configurations for the rear bed

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

MaxTrax.JPG Well, today I decided to find a home for my MaxTrax MKII's on my Gobi rack. Unfortunately I have one of the first racks built for the 5 gen 4Runner so my bars are permanent. Well, one is now. lol
I cut my back bar off and now need to grind and paint and then get an adjustable one. With the price of a new rack and the wait time I thought I'd just try and mod it myself. I got the MaxTrax to fit but it was not so easy. I wish Gobi had a system similar to the Front Runner or Rhino as an option and not just grid bottom but overall it's a great solid rack. Just had me scratching my head a little to figure out the set up. Feel better going out with these on my rig though.

Last edited:

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Actually did it Thursday just didn't get to post. Mounted my trail jack on the hood. And put on the blackout decal on the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Upgraded my water pump on my trailer. Went from a 2 gal/min, to a sureflo 3gal/min. Mainly because the 2 gal/min had barbed ends and leaked all the time. The surflo I can actually screw fittings to have real piping. Ready for the next trip!

OB# 3805

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Upgraded my water pump on my trailer. Went from a 2 gal/min, to a sureflo 3gal/min. Mainly because the 2 gal/min had barbed ends and leaked all the time. The surflo I can actually screw fittings to have real piping. Ready for the next trip!

OB# 3805
Dude I so want a trailer like yours... I have trailer envy. I've been eyeing them a lot lately. Currently my X does all that I need, but I would rather have a trailer ready to go in less time than it takes for me to get the X ready... which is not long. I like Michaels out of town in 20 minute video. While I think I could do it if I had to, I would rather have a trailer and a food kit that just gets tossed in. Currently its my anal retentiveness that makes my trips take time in preparedness. I start at the front of the truck and work back. I touch alot and look at everything. It only take 30 minutes to do, but is part of the process. Then I go thru the bags. Oddly, just this week I pulled my GHB and all battery operated devices. Typically 95% of everything in the truck can run on AA batteries, but I keep a pair of higher power 18650 battery powered lights. For AA I use eneloop exclusively. I own a couple hundred... yes hundred, Im a prepper and I trust my future to them, great batteries. For the 18650 I usually use eagletac, but picked up some orbitronic which were praised higher... oddly, all 6 will not hold any charge after 5 months. The eagletac does. so I just added 2 eagletac to the GHB instead of the orbitronic. Thank you to Amazon for quick delivery (not 2 days to to LIion batteries) but its quick enough.

I hope to run into you out and about one day to get a close up of your trailer if you do not mind. But keep us updated with the build of it.

Reactions: Sonarman

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
Today I finally got around to putting the fab fours off the gate rear tire carrier on. Mounted to my old fab bumper. Nice thing about this one is that yes it's made in the U.S..But it's also timed to the gate like the aev type. My old one had a separate latch. A pain. Then I moved to a hd hinge but wouldn't work with my bumper and only carried 130lbs. So should be set for when I put campimg gear on there and maybe a titan fuel caddy. Have not talked myself into it yet .

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: KTM GRIZZLY

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Today I finally got around to putting the fab fours off the gate rear tire carrier on. Mounted to my old fab bumper. Nice thing about this one is that yes it's made in the U.S..But it's also timed to the gate like the aev type. My old one had a separate latch. A pain. Then I moved to a hd hinge but wouldn't work with my bumper and only carried 130lbs. So should be set for when I put campimg gear on there and maybe a titan fuel caddy. Have not talked myself into it yet .

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
I'm originally from Pittsburgh 20 minutes north of the city Springdale Pennsylvania nice jeep brother

Reactions: Fellow Jeeper

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Dude I so want a trailer like yours... I have trailer envy. I've been eyeing them a lot lately. Currently my X does all that I need, but I would rather have a trailer ready to go in less time than it takes for me to get the X ready... which is not long. I like Michaels out of town in 20 minute video. While I think I could do it if I had to, I would rather have a trailer and a food kit that just gets tossed in. Currently its my anal retentiveness that makes my trips take time in preparedness. I start at the front of the truck and work back. I touch alot and look at everything. It only take 30 minutes to do, but is part of the process. Then I go thru the bags. Oddly, just this week I pulled my GHB and all battery operated devices. Typically 95% of everything in the truck can run on AA batteries, but I keep a pair of higher power 18650 battery powered lights. For AA I use eneloop exclusively. I own a couple hundred... yes hundred, Im a prepper and I trust my future to them, great batteries. For the 18650 I usually use eagletac, but picked up some orbitronic which were praised higher... oddly, all 6 will not hold any charge after 5 months. The eagletac does. so I just added 2 eagletac to the GHB instead of the orbitronic. Thank you to Amazon for quick delivery (not 2 days to to LIion batteries) but its quick enough.

I hope to run into you out and about one day to get a close up of your trailer if you do not mind. But keep us updated with the build of it.
Thanks! It'e been a great build and a ton of fun. Really makes it easier to get out quick. Throw in some food and clothes and take off. Whenever we get done with a trip, we re-prep it ready to leave right away again so we don't have to mess with it when we want to somewhere. I'd be happy to show it off sometime when we cross paths. I'll try to keep updates posted for those interested!

Reactions: Rusty burbin