Firewall penitration with gromets.jpg
Firewall with Grommets
Inner Firewall 300A Braker Mounted.jpg
Inner Firewall with 300Amp Breaker

Tmax Controler Location drilled.jpg
Found a use for this little spot on the 3rd gen 4Runner

Tmax Controler Mounted.jpg
Controller Mounted

The system is by Weston. Simple in theory and Automatic.
When in a charging state it waits about 5-10 seconds then links the secondary battery in for charging.
When you start to discharge(Turn the truck off) it waits and then isolates the two batteries.
You can also manually link the system for heavy draw situations(Winching).
And you can check battery voltage. Works best when unlinked. When they are linked they read the same.
Probably not as fancy as the big name systems, but So far I like it. And it was only ~$115. Came with the control box, Solenoid, 6awg wire( I upgraded to 4AWG) and all the connectors.
I am running 2 35AH batteries in parallel in my camp kitchen for a total of 70AH and it ran my Norkol TEC II freezer all night. I have a 300A breaker in the front and another mounted with the batteries. If the 4AWG running under the carpet ever shorts out it should break at the front and rear and not burn my truck to the ground.
The 3rd gen 4Runners are tight under the hood so I put the batteries in the back.

Attachments

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Solenoid.jpg
Solenoid Mounted

Firewall Front Breaker.jpg
Front Breaker Wired up

Kitchen Behind the scenes.jpg

Behind the scenes, or business end of the Kitchen module.
(2) 35AH batteries in parallel
350A Breaker
410W Power inverter for 110V power
Superflow MV-50 Compressor
Norkold TEC II Freezer

Attachments

Last edited:

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Wired up the charging ports and plumbed the air compressor into the step of the new steel bumper. Finished wiring up some rear seat charging, and one step closer to getting the air compressor finally working.

IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
12 lights, 1 sPod, 100,000 lumins...

IMG_7294.PNG

If you're anywhere near Auburn, Tyler is the guy for electrical and metal fabrication. DM me if you want his contact info. Special thanks to @Midsierracruiser for the introduction.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

My current car and my previous car together for the last time, the yellow one is getting sent too the highway in the sky on friday, I didn't think I would get this emotional over a car, I guess I was wrong. R.I.P. Pugsley the 306, we had so much fun together while it lasted even though you had alot of problems I still had fun.
20170612_215836.jpg20170612_215851.jpg

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Reactions: Kelly and [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

My current car and my previous car together for the last time, the yellow one is getting sent too the highway in the sky on friday, I didn't think I would get this emotional over a car, I guess I was wrong. R.I.P. Pugsley the 306, we had so much fun together while it lasted even though you had alot of problems I still had fun.
View attachment 26075View attachment 26076

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app
Yea sometimes you do get attached.. though with my last few cars i didnt. Thy where pretty much just cars for me..though i did like them.. my cruiser is special to me though :)

Good luck on Friday!

Sent from my SM-G903F using OB Talk mobile app

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Actually this was done on Sunday, but I just got the pics online yesterday.
After a long wet winter, I took Chuck out of the spare room and put him out in the rig ready to serve camping duties before too long.
This is the chuckbox that Pat built for me back in 2010.

One day I may go with a Goose Gear plate system in the cargo area, and have some custom slide out modules built for this stuff, and sitting on top of a bigger cargobox.

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

My radiator keeps going dry. I could never find any leaks and at one point I was starting to believe the Garden Gnomes were drinking my radiator water. Well yesterday I fount the leak! it was a slit in an old heater hose. Today. I got a hose similar to the original, did a few minor modification and installed it. Presto! No leaks!

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Getting ready for a trip to Los Angeles from Nebraska to pick up my daughter who is graduating college. Hopefully a little exploring on the trip. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
Let me know if you need any recommendations while you're in town. I'm an LA native.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: norseman