Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

How well do those work, water fairly warm??

OB#3799
For a 66 degree overcast PNW day, not a bad shower water temp. Can imagine if it was a desert climate.

A couple days later. 71 degree sunny day, with thermometer on the shaded side. This shower is badass.

Last edited:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Drove it to the Detailer to have all the Death Valley & Mendocino National Forrest washed off (inside & out)...

IMG_6715-1.PNG

... and then arranged for transportation when the ignition switch decided not to work...

IMG_6718.PNG

(Photo on tow truck provided by @Midsierracruiser, who happen to be driving by and was nice enough to snap a pic and send it to me :-)

P.S. I'll have it back in time for this weeks Sacramento Meet-up!!!

Last edited:

4wdAdventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Got some good used parts from a local internet ad yesterday, while looking at my rig the seller (another Jeep nut) noticed a small crack in the heater hose on my Cherokee that I missed. Bought some heater hose on the way home and while trying to change it, the fitting broke off the heater control valve (plastic, and why?). So bought a new heater control valve today to get that put back together tomorrow on my day off. Also got the molded hoses to go from the control valve to the heater core fittings at the firewall because I figure if the main hoses were bad enough to replace, those likely are too.

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Got some material for starting the drawers for the rover as well as got some small projects done (replacing headlight lamps, installing some switches).

I also did a regular vehicle check and noticed this weird gunk on my air filter. When i tried to rub it off with my finger is felt wet and acted kinda like mud/grease. No smell and none of it anywhere else but the filter. Any ideas?
IMG_20170502_181905.jpg

Reactions: Kelly

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Drove it to the Detailer to have all the Death Valley & Mendocino National Forrest washed off (inside & out)...

View attachment 22773

... and then arranged for transportation when the ignition switch decided not to work...

View attachment 22774

(Photo on tow truck provided by @Midsierracruiser, who happen to be driving by and was nice enough to snap a pic and send it to me :-)

P.S. I'll have it back in time for this weeks Sacramento Meet-up!!!
I was right those new lights do look good going down the road on the back of a tow truck.[emoji23]

OB 1466

Reactions: We are the Millers

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Picked up the Yellow Top I've been ogling for awhile. Pep Boys has a 25% off promo right now which took the total down to $192 for the 34/78 model with top and side terminals.

I'd installed the battery mount a few weeks back and the dual battery kit delivers tomorrow from Amazon. Funny enough the cover still fits right over the battery so I may keep using it. So the next few days should be interesting as I do my first dual battery wiring install.

I also replaced the worn out struts for the hood which kept falling randomly. Now you really need to pull down to get the hood closed which is perfect. Thank you liftsupportdepot.com

IMG_1656.JPG IMG_1659.JPG IMG_1661.JPG IMG_1660.JPG

4wdAdventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Installed Genesis battery system, JW speaker front and rear lights, CM foot pegs and 11 gallon propane tank. Can't wait for this weekend.
The propane tank looks a little scary hanging off the side like that to me, hope it doesn't give you any issues.

Sent from my iPhone
OB 5337