What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Ross

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Augusta, SC
Member #

After my ICON's started leaking, put back on stock front suspension.. Sits alot lower, but looks really good. Looking forward however to having them back as the ride is not nearly as smooth..IMG_4683.JPG

Reactions: The other Sean

We are the Millers

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Murrieta, CA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VXV
Wash & wax the truck and installed this awesome receiver tow point that MULE Expedition Outfitters had made for them!! Looks sharp and no doubt provides another 5-50 hpw!!!! [emoji33]

That, and rearranged my headliner patches -- got rid of "tactical" and went all Overland.....

Really like the receiver tow point. Can't find it on their site, you have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ZetRocks

ZetRocks

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Kingwood
First Name
Shannon Keith
Last Name
Cortez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K15AQN
I went to a buddy's house who works at a large pipe company near by to scour the very large site for a 2x6 piece of steel to fabricate my rear bumper with.
No luck but on way back spotted a dirt road leading under a flood zone over pass.

Had to check it out and in doing so got to stretch the Ol Taco legs a bit.

But as I exited the quick side track of adventure to enter "civilization" again, wouldn't you know...my rig starts to complain to me...she didn't want to come out of 4 wheel drive.

After talking to her gently at first, I tried other approaches...I backed that thang up, I grabbed it and attempted to steer it in various directions, and played with her switches...nothing worked, blinking, resistance and complaining all the way home...

So after a few more attempts at coaxing her to submission in a local parking lot, I had to get under her belly to look at the actuator. Sure enough. Very nasty and unclean. Probably not supposed to look like this...certainly
no contact being made here...
Gooey with water inside the housing and all over the electrodes...

Rusty on the one area that were needing contact at the moment...

Also noticed her hose was flaring...

Two beers later, hose trimmed, chrome polished, and the contact seemed good....

Another beer, tested the status, and sure enough she was happy and disengaged... win!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: