What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

After my little trail run I noticed that my engine temp issue was still not resolved, and on the way home my steering felt very heavy, it squeaked horrendously, and the steering wheel would "stick" in one position while turning left. No fun.

Bled the cooling system, and sure enough an impressive amount of bubbles surfaced, so hopefully that is my cooling resolved for nowIMG_20170429_102948.jpg
And then I lifted the front of the rig up to check out the steering, and before I even started playing I noticed how badly I damaged my steering damper (Second "bar" after the axle, it is dented in by nearly an inch at the worst point)IMG_20170429_172002.jpg

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Let me know if you see any improvements from that! I have considered venting the hood in the past, but always shy away from the idea
When I put the winch bumper on, my highway running temp jumped from 190 to 203 (Disrupted the airflow into the radiator). Added a small scoop below the radiator, dropped it 5 degrees, vents in hood dropped another 5. So I'm back around where I was, plus engine cools down much faster after shutting it off. I'm happy with it!

OB#3799

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

After doing a night run through Wheeler Pass in the Spring Mountians of Nevada last night, woke up this morning with the task of cleaning the interior as I ran topless and the trail was pretty damn dusty. Took a buddy with me and had a chance to take full advantage of the Rugged Radio intercom which worked like a champ both on and off road.

IMG_1777.JPG

Reactions: Scott Murray

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Trailed through the Highwood Mountains in Montana close to where I live... Was super fun with a lot of water crossings

View attachment 22611

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Montana has the most amazing sky and landscapes. Went to Yellowstone from Seattle the last 2 Summers. Montana was my favorite portions of the drive.

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

When I put the winch bumper on, my highway running temp jumped from 190 to 203 (Disrupted the airflow into the radiator). Added a small scoop below the radiator, dropped it 5 degrees, vents in hood dropped another 5. So I'm back around where I was, plus engine cools down much faster after shutting it off. I'm happy with it!

OB#3799
Update on the hood vent results, Drove it a little longer today, 1 hour trip at 69 mph, temp dropped to 188 rock steady with or without a/c. Never ran that low before. I believe I'm ready for the summer!

Reactions: ZetRocks and Zargon