Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Back in town. Not sure I can make it to Hollister this weekend, but let me know if you want to meet up!

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Went out and tested the rock lights last night.
Quadra drive still amazes me how well it works.
I read through your build thread and went to the website to find those same rock lights and it appears they don't sell them.. Unless I'm missing something.. I like them!!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Picked up a rim and full sized spare for the Evoque. Just barely fits where the donut goes, apart from being 100mm wider than the donut! Need to cut some styrofoam or something to fit around it where the load floor used to be.
I'm jealous.. There's a snow balls chance in Key West that I could ever fit my 5th wheel/tire in there. Even deflated an OE sized tire still doesn't fit so now I have a place for my tools, custom jack, recovery gear, etc.. under the floor.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and lvivier

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I read through your build thread and went to the website to find those same rock lights and it appears they don't sell them.. Unless I'm missing something.. I like them!!
These ones are off-road only.
Not the fish eye ones i was originally honna use, my buddy picked em up for me from the offroad expo in anaheim a few months back.

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

I'm jealous.. There's a snow balls chance in Key West that I could ever fit my 5th wheel/tire in there. Even deflated an OE sized tire still doesn't fit so now I have a place for my tools, custom jack, recovery gear, etc.. under the floor.

View attachment 10802
have you thought about building a box that you can remove so you can still access your tire?

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

today I made a few minor mods to my roof rack. I removed the plastic coating from the crossbars and added a set of ARB awning mounts. I had to do some drilling, but I think that the ARB mounts are sturdier than the set of FOURTECKS I originally had on their. I plan on painting the rack come spring.
IMG_1796.JPG IMG_1797.JPG IMG_1798.JPG

Reactions: pdxplorer15

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Mounted Hella dual purpose driving/fog lights. I will of course be running 12ga wiring and a 40 amp relay and will wire all 4 bulbs to run at once :-) Ran out of daylight.

I have a light bar for the upper tab mounts but it's too big. I'm thinking shovel mounts for the murderspork...