Aqueduct Lane, Chino Hills, CA 91709
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sandvik
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5LFE
I’ll answer for this week! Drove 1000 miles to the Rubicon Trail and back, completing the trail for my first time. We spent a whole day at Buck Island and the weather was amazing. This is why I built my rock crawling over lander!

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS

Replaced lower control arms video above. My ride is better much better with the GC control arms but I'm not sure if that's because the GC arms are so much better or because I'm no longer rolling around on wallowed out bushing bores. :D

Then even after replacing the header/downpipe gasket I'm still getting an exhaust leak. Checked torque on all the header/intake bolts and found none loose so I'll be hooking up the smoke tester today and seeing if I can find the leak that way. I'm thinking at this point I'm going to find a crack in the header so got a new one added to my Rock Auto cart on standby for check out.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Step by step, knocking out install projects during craziness at work and all of the delays in getting outside.
Odyssey installed. As always with these batteries, incredible CCA power. ARB Twin wired to the sPod. And, Rigid A-Series amber LED ditch lights mounted to the Camburg bumper sides; spot made for them
View attachment 159822
A gallon milk jug cap friction fits perfectly to the ARB hose connector:
6B1109FF-E344-4F7D-9528-3A401112C6E8.jpeg
Inexpensive way to keep the dust & debris out.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Since our family get together plans got cancelled, I ran errands with my son. Before we headed out I installed this dual dash cam system for my camper shell. I actually didn't know it was recording while I was driving. I guess the parking mode / motion mode kicked in automatically.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Hooked the smoke tester up to my exhaust and found the header to downpipe junction still leaking slightly so snugged those down a but more and found a leak at cylinder 5. Snugged that bolt down a bit more and it all seems sealed up now.

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

Took it up cold water canyon in lytle creek first somewhat technical trail since the lift the icon stage 4 worked amazing still learning how to take the right line went with @TrooperAdam had a blast great trail with some awesome yellow post sites up top

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Took it up cold water canyon in lytle creek first somewhat technical trail since the lift the icon stage 4 worked amazing still learning how to take the right line went with @TrooperAdam had a blast great trail with some awesome yellow post sites up top
That looks like a fun ride!

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Rainy day carport installs. Today, I got way way too familiar with the undercarriage of the Tundra. I am too old and too damn big for this chit .

Installed the @ragofabrication Steel Lower Control Arm Skids. I used Hammerite Silver for the finish; durable and easily touched-up. Added the @rcioffroad Transmission/Transfer Case Skid Plate - 1/4" 5052 Aluminum / Raw. And, finally decided to install @lux_lighting_systems MAX DC Series Pro LED Area/Rock lights; 12 LED light set. I've had these sitting around for quite awhile waiting on the right build.

It was a productive day

Attachments

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Step by step, knocking out install projects during craziness at work and all of the delays in getting outside.
Odyssey installed. As always with these batteries, incredible CCA power. ARB Twin wired to the sPod. And, Rigid A-Series amber LED ditch lights mounted to the Camburg bumper sides; spot made for them
View attachment 159822
A gallon milk jug cap friction fits perfectly to the ARB hose connector:
View attachment 160112
Inexpensive way to keep the dust & debris out.
Thank you very much I have been hesitating on paying the price for the ARB cover. Great idea.!!

Reactions: Shamu

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

That looks like a fun ride!
Ya it was great we had a good time I think we even convinced my brother in law in he big red Jeep to join

Reactions: Michael

GordyP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Pomp
New to personally working on my rig. Scary because if it gets messed up, it's all on me. Finally found a home for my Maxtrax, and felt good to do the drilling and installation myself. Simple yet satisfying.
View attachment 160258
Just remember that there are tons of people with experience out there that can answer questions you have and always measure twice cut once. And as a former professional mechanic a lesson I learned early on is that there usually is a tool specifically for what you are trying to do because you probably aren’t the first person to do it. It will make the job so much easier with the proper tools.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Just remember that there are tons of people with experience out there that can answer questions you have and always measure twice cut once. And as a former professional mechanic a lesson I learned early on is that there usually is a tool specifically for what you are trying to do because you probably aren’t the first person to do it. It will make the job so much easier with the proper tools.
Yes! Thank you!

M

Reactions: Broke and JANITO33

GordyP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Pomp
I installed gas struts on the rear hatch to replace the mechanical lifts that rattle around and my front runner braai with tire step. Need to install my new bump stops and front shackles. As for my list I need to rebuild my swing out tire carrier to add my Jerry can carrier, hi lift and drop down table. I also need to move my road shower to mount my front runner surfboard carrier.

Reactions: Broke and RoarinRow